iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648 G3

Started by CCC4, September 27, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Just put my first 6 hours on a 648 today. I have a question about when you close your grapple on a hitch. The lever has the auto close notch it feels like...my question is do you release out of the notch so it isn't on auto close or just leave it so it continually tightens if the hitch shifts? I'm wondering if left on auto close if there is unneccessary pull on the hydraulics. Thanks in advance.

brendonv

I run a smaller skidder and run it on auto close. When i dont i turn around and end up finding im not pulling anything.  :D
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

coxy

run it on auto close  it only comes on when needed there is a censor in there some place  :)

CCC4

Kinda what I was thinking, I ran it both ways but could see the potential to slip the load. I'm used to TJ 450's and they don't have the auto close, I find myself snugging up several times during the pull.

Thanks

treeslayer2003

Clinton, always on detent unless you have a reason not to have it tight. deere hydraulics are closed center, at a certain psi it unloads the pump. won't hurt a thing, in fact its designed to work this way.

CCC4

Ok, I will run them like that. Mike, I like the 648 from an operator standpoint...I usually have it chasing me through the woods...and a 648 will make for one heck of a day in the back pocket of the only cutter! Lol!

treeslayer2003

lol. you get used to not haveing a converter that fast? i still hate direct drive.

CCC4

Yeh, I ran it all day in steep ground, stalled it a couple times leaving uphill but I'm sure that's expected. Had a couple runaways when getting into neutral...but that just lets ya know your heart is in good shape! :)

Thank You Sponsors!