iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile home furnace

Started by bigred1951, November 15, 2017, 10:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

So I've been having problems with my furnace in my trailer. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. Usually if it won't kick in I can go to the breaker box and turn the breaker off then back on and it'll usually finally kick in and start working and sometimes not. Anybody have any idea what it could be.

Grizzly

My son commonly replaces 2 sensors in furnaces. Yours might be older but one senses pressure/vacuum in the burn chamber and the other senses temperature. Both can cause symptoms like you are talking about. But I'm not the expert. He is.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

DelawhereJoe

Any chance of getting a picture of the inside of your heater ? There are many things in there that can go bad, pressure sensors, heat sensors, flame sensors, igniters, wasp nest in the intake clogging things up, gas valve not opening.....etc, etc, etc......I've had to repair/fix mine a few times and work on pool heater for the past 4 years.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

TKehl

Gas or electric?

What is not kicking in?  Fan or heat?

Had an issue with my electric furnace a couple years ago.  Elements would be on, but fan wouldn't kick on unless I gave it a spin the first time or two.  Then it got to where the heat would kick on without the fan running.  A bit scary! 

Turned out to be a bad fan.  I think $175-200 all told to have HVAC tech out and put in a new motor.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

drobertson

Well,  I reckon he must have it figured out,, if not it sounds much like a faulty fan switch, but not knowing if the thermostat is getting or sending the signal, well, ?? intermittent issues can be a pain,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Autocar

If you flip the breaker in your breaker panel and sometimes it works. I would start with the breaker .
Bill

bigred1951

It's electric. I can turn the thermostat to fan and the fan will kick in and blow. But if I turn it to heat it won't. Then I go to the breaker box and turn the breaker off wait a few seconds then flip it back on. The heat will usually kick in and start blowing then.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

bigred1951

Yes it blows when the heat finally kicks on or I turn the thermostat to fan from auto.

21incher

You have aluminum wiring in the trailer? I had one once with aluminum and it had corroded at the breaker. Took the wire out cut a little off, put some compound on it, tightened the screw and all was fine again.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

bigred1951

No its copper. It's a 1999 model

yukon cornelius

Electric furnace have stack switches. They turn on the electric heat strips on in stages and then the fan so it doesn't cause such a huge draw at once. They are a common fail point.  It is most likely the cause. They are not really expensive.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!