iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

They think i'm crazy!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, July 30, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Contacter i haul for offered me his tractor trailer and tree lenght crane, no money down! Haul his wood and he takes out payment! NO WAY! I been down that road once before ,not for me! One truck one driver.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Woodhauler

Never even asked! Didn't have any interest! Tried the two truck thing for 3 years, it was a hassle!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Peter Drouin

So how's your new truck doing. all is well I hope
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

I could use a tree length picker. Didn't know there were any on this side of the country.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

redprospector

A wise old man told me when I went crazy and had 3 trucks, that a man can make some money if he has 1 truck. A man can also make some money if he has 100 trucks. 1 man, 1 truck the truck get's taken care of and ran every time it's possible. 2 or 3 trucks, everything the owner makes with his truck goes to keeping the others in repair. If hired drivers make a little beer money they aren't interested in hauling anything on Saturday, or Sunday, or at night, or early in the morning, or...
That was my experience anyway. I miss trucking in a way...a good way.  :D

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Dom

That would not work for me either.
Can your current truck handle tree length? Is he planning to change his logging methods? Or is he just trying to get his truck paid for?

timberlinetree

I've learned a simple life is a good life and if you want something done right do it yourself. :)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!