iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Peterson logo??

Started by HORSELOGGER, March 24, 2004, 06:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HORSELOGGER

Whats happenin wif da new Peterson logo at the side? Looks like I'll need a new hat!
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Jeff

I'll see if I can get an explanation. I think its the logo for the new company,

PETERSONS GLOBAL SALES LTD
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbeard

Wow, ya think they'll improve their website too? ;D

Wife

Hello Everyone. It's the lady here, the one in the background makin' sure everything ticks away while the boys do their thing  ;)- you know, sawdust, sweat and testosterone flying everywhere....hmmmm...can just smell it as I type...

But no kidding. I have separated the manufacturing and marketing divisions of Petersons, each under their own company. That way Carl (Peterson), Jake, and Chris can concentrate on what they do best - designing & building, and I can concentraton on what I do best - marketing. The new company is called PETERSONS GLOBAL SALES LTD, and undertakes all the customer service and sales processes. You will still get the boys when you have a technical question - we are all still at the same premises, and on the same phone numbers.

No, actually, we are at a NEW premises. It's in fact the  Prada building (Italian) that was built at the Auckland yacht viaduct for the last Americas Cup. It has now been re-erected down here, and it is perfect for us. I'll post some pix when my new signs are up.

SO. New company. New enthusiasm behind it from all of us. I've been reading your posts here. I have taken on board many of your suggestions. Planning on big things in USA later this year and early next year as long as the exchange rate continues in our favour. We needed a new image to complete the package. So that means rebranding a bit. Yes, there will be new hats. New brochures. New videos. And yes, new Website. Gimme a chance to breathe, though. Will take a few months to get 'round everything.

So I just want to thank all you readers for your VERY valuable comments and suggestions. A lot of you know what you are talking about (but theres a lot of bull too). Jake reads them meticulously, and makes dam sure I've seen them right away too. He also takes everything in (sometimes a bit to his demise), and jumps onto new ideas like beer was going out of production!

SO. Where are all the wives while yous are boasting about how long a fish yous have caught...uh...er...how long a board you can cut???

Kerris.
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

J_T

Now that is what I call service. 8) Good luck in all you do.
Jim Holloway

woodbeard

Hi, Kerris, and WELCOME :)
Some of the wives are stacking those long boards.
Others are cutting them.
Others are griping about how long the boards are.
Others are just plain bored.
It takes all kinds, I guess.

Captain

I always knew the lady was readin' in the background....

Actually, folks she is not giving herself as much credit as is truly deserved.  I had a cutting problem show up at after about 30MBF of cutting.  We talked it through, and she helped me realize that it happened just after I tensioned the belts.  Front axis point, slightly loose.  Two turns with a socket, back in business. ;)

I also do not know many women who can offbear from a sawmill during a competition in a foreign country (USA) while pregnant.....(at least that is the rumor).  I bet they still drew straws that day to see who would be the sawyer. ;D

Captain

Wife

Captain, you're making me blush! All I can say is, I'm just happy they didn't disqualify us for having 3 operators...
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Thank You Sponsors!