Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

wesdor

Just be careful.  In most class actions the only people getting much money are the lawyers.

metalspinner

Just today I received a card in the mail mentioning I may be elligible to collect on this. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

sprucebunny

I got the postcard, too.

They want to give me $35 for each mower. I'm betting that they will want me to produce a sales receipt ... ya,right  :D I don't have the mowers much less the receipts  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beenthere

Lawyers instigate these class actions, rake in the money from the actions after lining up a bevy of signers who get very little, and the companies involved just pass on the expense to the future customers. No one wins, but the lawyers.

Real pathetic. IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SPIKER

looks pretty straight forward 35 for push ans 75 for riders up to 30 hp

read the form no reciept needed :)

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

CHARLIE

I read the overview and the suit contends that the manufacturers over-rated the horsepower on their mowers.  The manufacturers deny this but agreed to settle because it would cost them more to litigate than to settle.  I refuse to participate in this legal sham by some law firm looking for easy money.  First, the amount I would receive ($75) is a nit to me and I believe the manufacturers need the money to run their company. I would rather see them stay in business than see some lawyer get rich and me get a whole $75.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ianab

I would say the Lawyers get rich and the $75 gets added to the cost of your next Mower?

Only winners are the lawyers, both the ones that took the action, and the ones advising the manufacturers, everyone else is loosing, even if they get their $75.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

inghamb87

Quote from: Ianab on April 08, 2010, 01:01:21 AM
I would say the Lawyers get rich and the $75 gets added to the cost of your next Mower?

Only winners are the lawyers, both the ones that took the action, and the ones advising the manufacturers, everyone else is loosing, even if they get their $75.

Ian

Lawyers are a tricky bunch. Always have to wonder who they are looking after and who they are going after. :P

SwampDonkey

That site crashes when I access it, or it was just a bogus tale to begin with.

You see tons of adds from US lawyers drumming up business on the television. A lot are of exposure to asbestos or lead paint or aerial application of a pesticide from 40+ years ago. Here in Canada I think those cases have been quieted a long time ago.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

You mean to tell me an engine manufacturer LIES about howmuch horsepower it puts out?!!

unheardof.  :D

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

Sounds familiar to me, work around a bunch of bush whackers........the lies.  ::) :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Wenrich

I got the postcard and qualify for 2 mowers.  You can get up to $35 for each mower depending on participation by mower owners.  The more participation, the less you get, since the pool is limited. 

The one mower had a Kawasaki on it which had a defect.  After some wrangling, Kawasaki gave me a replacement engine.  Do I get 3 since I had 3 engines or just 2 for the 2 mowers?  Afterall, I've been cheated by thinking my engine was actually bigger than what I got.   :D

We really ought to have a loser pays system to get rid of these nuisance suits.  In a loser pays system, if the engine manufacturers can prove their claims, those lawyers would have to pay for their defense.  It would nip those claims real quick and allow our court system to actually work on worthwhile cases. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Ron, there have been a lot of troubles with Kawasaki lawn mower engines around here. I know a couple brand new, started them up and oil was leaking everywhere.  ::)

We had a Kabota diesel for 30 years in a mower, never missed a beat.

A fellow up the road is rebuilding a riding mower and using an old Ford 4 Cyl, probably 35 years old or more. :D I told him he could mow the hay field with that small deck and oversize motor. It's just a small riding mower. He's the type that always likes tinkering around motors and comes up with the most interesting concoctions. :D

WH_Conley

We really need pictures of that. :D
Bill

SwampDonkey

He'd probably ban me from his shop, sharing his inventions on the internet. He ain't the most sociable type.  Let's just say, it's easier to agree than to offer any criticisms. ;D :D

You should see his snow plow. :D :D

WH_Conley

He would get along great with my BIL, the one that the hydraulic can crusher, 5HP, 2 stage pump. :D
Bill

easymoney

speaking of lawyers. there is one that advertises on the nashville tennessee tv stations. a real ambulance chaser. he brags about how much money he got for his clients. and what they bought with the windfall. he especially goes after truckers. >:(

Raider Bill

Every third commercial around here is some law firm or Ax Gary
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Wenrich

The local radio station has a huge supply of personal injury and workman's comp lawyer ads.  And it seems like the rest are for funeral homes.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LAZERDAN

Yep I also got the same post card       Lazerdan

Thank You Sponsors!