iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lower Gasoline Prices

Started by shopteacher, February 28, 2004, 04:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

I got this from my brother today and thought it might be worth passing on.  We really, as a nation, need to do something about these high energy costs. This country runs on the automobile and I hate to think our freedom of movement will be curtailed with high fuel cost or shortages like back in the 70's.  I think it's time for big oil to give back a little to the public that has provided them with the wealth to live the extravagant lifestyles they enjoy. Their greed and lack of compassion for all who live in this country turns my stomach.
   it might be worth a try.

Join  the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a  gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some  intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea: This  makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that  was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that  because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy  gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for  them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can  really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're  probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It  is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil  companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of  a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive  action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With  the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take  action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is  if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And,  we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on  gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here! 's the  idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two  biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not  selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce  their prices, the other companies will have to follow  suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't  whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it  is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty  people. If each of you send it to, at least, ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and  those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on,  by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have  reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and  pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been  contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED  MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.

But I am ... so trust me on this one.)

How  long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be  contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had  that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message  on.  PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP  THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY  WORK

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

ah, the power of the internet. and a worthwhile chain letter. i dont have a printer or email, so im goin to the copy machine after i fire up my word processor. ill pass as many as possible. we need fuel prices lower for spring tillage. as of now, i just havent been going anywhere.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

shopteacher

Just remember everything you buy is transported on fuel. Whether by car, truck,boat, train or plane. Higher fuel price = higher store price.  I use about $50.00 in fuel every 5 days going back and forth to school ( I'd buy a 50 mile per gallon car, but can't get along without my truck and having 2 teenagers, 2 adults and a roll back wrecker on the insurance doesn't allow for another vehicle).  I don't mind paying a fair price for any product, especially any that are produced in the USA, but when you watch the gas station change the price almost daily and 5 or 6 cents a jump you know your being screwed. It's not the station owner either, it's that corporate giant sitting on his big a$$ in a penthouse office that's doing it.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Ron Wenrich

The corporations have the lowest oil reserves in the past 28 years.  To top it off, the federal government is expanding the strategic oil reserve, and that takes oil off the market.

My understanding is that this time, the gas prices are going to be life style altering.  They won't be coming down any time soon.  Most of the cheap oil has been drilled.  After you get past 50% removal of an oil deposit, the costs of extraction go up, and quickly.  I've seen figures where oil will be really expensive in about 20 years.  With China's dramatic energy expansion requirements, that number may be bumped closer.  We need to develop a new energy source.  

Exxon and Mobil probably own most of the refineries.  Some of them have been shut down for repairs.  So, instead of selling gas to their stations, they'll just sell it to another station.  Besides, they are also present in a lot more countries than just the US.  

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Exactly. The big boys are not going to stand around and not let you give them your money. The only squeeze that will ever work is non-consumption, and thats not going to happen until there is a replacement energy type, and thats not going to happen until... do da do da. We lose.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!