iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big thanks and a funny story

Started by Goodolboy, October 16, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodolboy

Wanted to thank everyone who's helped me on the board. Forgive me for not knowing anything about forestry or wood working.

I'd like to share a story about john boy. I used to work with johnny.. he was and still kinda is fresh out of prison.... he was a duller crayon. But a good guy, anywaya lot of what he said made no sense.. talked a lot.. but for about two weeks straight talked about loggin... he was gonna cut logs and make tables.. we snickered at him.. knowing he was prolly just rambling on.. twas about finding tall pines... and cedars.. by now everything he said went in one ear and out the other... just like the rest of his rambling. 

Until one day he brought pictures.. of some of the absolutely most beautiful furniture I've ever seen.. bed side tables.. cut from a tree atleast two ft in diameter. About two inches thick, clear coated. With bark still on edges.. and barkless limbs for legs. Also benches out of logs.

He began making a killing off of his stuff. Like whoa....

Didn't know there was so much more potential for trees other than 2x4s.

I weld various stainless steels... titanium.. aluminum...and rebuild old engines.

Do any of you do this kind of woodworking?? Share what you do!!

Thank You Sponsors!