iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Submarine Fire In Maine

Started by submarinesailor, July 24, 2012, 07:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

There are several members here who have ridded the boats like I did.  And I believe that they will tell you that nothing is scarier than a fire, practically a large fire, on board one.  Now, come to find out the big fire, the largest one I have ever heard of, was set by a painter who wanted to do home early - because he was having anxiety.  400 MILLION in damages, all because he has having a bad day.  He is other one who shouldn't be allowed to breathe, let alone breed.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/navy-sub-worker-set-maine-fire-so-he-could-leave-early

Sorry for the rant.

Bruce

clww

What a creep! I just saw this story on FOX News Channel, too. As stated there, I have no doubt his lawyer will claim mental illness, or his medication, were the reason behind both arson cases.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

There is no way for me to wrap my mind around such an act.  It sometimes seems that "locking up" is not severe enough punishment.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

A few onboard emergencies got my attention. The night before a deployment we had a major hydraulic leak in the Auxilary Room shutting down all systems. The condensers salted up and stranding us topside. We lost the dunce cap (for you who don't understand this lingo, this holds the screw/prop on), and that certainly isn't good. And finally we lost our anchor ...... and never did find it. You're correct, a fire was the most dreaded emergency.
Why didn't this idot break a finger nail, or something simple. My suggestion is stuff him in a torpedo tube and send him to the deep.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Chris Burchfield

I read this story in the morning paper today.  He's set another fire on the 16th associated with the lift of the dry dock.  No damage or injuries there.  While investigating fires over the years, I locked up three security guards all on different incidents.  One was responsible for thirteen fires totaling 1.3 million $$$'s.  Each of these guys suffered what we referred to as the "Hero Syndrome."  One instructor we had relayed it like this.  "Many want to feel sorry for the way these poor people were raised, abused yada, yada, yada.  Don't feel sorry for them as though they were fuzzy bunnies!  Club the fuzzy bunnies.  Use a nine iron and tee off!" 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!