iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heads up for you!!

Started by Woodhauler, December 15, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I called Bank on America to make my credit card payment today and got a scammer on the phone! He wanted my full credit card number and full SS number so he could verify it was me! Needless to say he got nothing! Called back later and made it through to proper prompts and payed bill like always. Had email from bank America confirming paymet.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Kbeitz

Quote from: Woodhauler on December 15, 2016, 03:21:39 PM
I called Bank on America to make my credit card payment today and got a scammer on the phone! He wanted my full credit card number and full SS number so he could verify it was me! Needless to say he got nothing! Called back later and made it through to proper prompts and payed bill like always. Had email from bank America confirming paymet.

How did they redirect the phone number ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Woodhauler

Lord only knows! One thing he was insisnt on was getting my ss number!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

That's odd. I wonder how many give that info out.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

When I called it prompted me to leave my name and call back number because everyone was busy! When they called the bullcrap started. I couldn't acsess the automated payment system . It wouldn't let me.

DDW_OR

did you miss dial the number the first time?

for web addresses the difference could be as simple as:
PaypaI
Paypal
in the email the two look the same.
"let the machines do the work"

Woodhauler

Quote from: DDW_OR on December 15, 2016, 05:56:06 PM
did you miss dial the number the first time?

for web addresses the difference could be as simple as:
PaypaI
Paypal
in the email the two look the same.
No I dialed the number on back of card!!  Same one I have called for 15 years! Its as simple as someone hacking some of the incoming calls to bank americard!

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Woodhauler on December 15, 2016, 05:27:29 PM
Lord only knows! One thing he was insisnt on was getting my ss number!!

Whenever I call in, they just ask for the last 4 of the SSN.  I'm OK with that, as long as someone else doesn't ask for the first 5! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!