iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Build - Planning Stages

Started by sdboers, November 01, 2018, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdboers

Wow...  That's some different thinking - very interesting.  I'm not sure my brain would let me suspend the front like that - it's screaming at me just thinking of it.  I've got all winter to mull that one around in my head...  :)  I'd be more inclined to attach 2 more linear rails up front than to simply leave it hanging...

The linear bearings I had looked at were 20mm (0.8").  I think if I were to do what you are suggesting - I would want to up those to 30mm (1.2").  Cost also goes up of course.

I am absolutely going to change the winch \ chain lift.  I will go through at least one idle pulley to half the speed and double the torque.  I still like more than one lift point as it can help even out a small degree of imbalance.

Sean.
Random acts of kindness MUST outweigh random acts of violence each and every day. Make your mark today.

Crusarius

is .8" the diameter of the rail? if so thats more than enough. The linear bearings will take care of any twisting as long as the sawframe is built right. Means the sawframe should be relatively well balanced and have the lifting point in a location to keep it balanced.

sdboers

Yes.  20mm / 0.8" is the diameter of the rail.  The set I posted has 71" rails x 0.8" diameter.
Random acts of kindness MUST outweigh random acts of violence each and every day. Make your mark today.

Thank You Sponsors!