iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frame for a hammock

Started by Den-Den, July 22, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den-Den

It is not fine woodworking but may be of interest to some.  This is a present for a niece and will be delivered tomorrow (she will have to add a canvas top and the hammock).  The arches have a radius of 5 ft and consist of 8 plies of treated pine glued up with Gorilla glue.

You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

samandothers

Very cool!  Please post picture once top and hammock added.   How thick were your laminations you put together?

thecfarm

I betcha that took a lot of work and time.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Search.  cheap roof !!! maybe by hiya 19 sept 2004    wood hoops 1/2 " X 2" strips lots of wood glue ideas
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

That thing has a big smile  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

That makes mine look kinda sad...

great work!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mesquite buckeye

I like it. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Andy White

Den-Den,
Is it true that a man can NEVER have too many clamps??? That is a fine looking project. I will have to hide that one. Send pictures with the top and hammock installed.      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

WDH

I know the problem, Jake.

You made yours upside down  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Seaman

I love them both!Makes me want a nap at 09:00 in the morn :D
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Bill Gaiche

goose63

If that was under my shade tree I would nap all after noon looks good 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

The real smile will be swinging in the shade with a glass of ice cold lemonade.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dablack

I've never seen anything like that.  I really think that is neat!
Building my own house in East TX

hackberry jake

I think it's cheating supporting it on all four corners... How are you supposed to fall out of it?  :D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: goose63 on July 23, 2014, 09:54:21 AM
If that was under my shade tree I would nap all after noon looks good 8)

NAP? Now ya talking!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Lud

I never take a nap................tho they seem to sneak up on me during one of her TV shows .......about every other night! :D :D ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

5quarter

What...no cup holders???  ;)

excellent work!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

red

I am shopping for a Carolina Hammock and this looks like a good idea.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

cbla

lowpolyjoe

AWESOME!   Such a cool curved lamination project.   8)

21incher

That is a great design. I would love to flip the design over and make a rocking hammock. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!