iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

President George H.W.Bush passed away

Started by pine, December 01, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pine

President George H.W.Bush passed away this evening at 94 years of age.

Whether you agreed with him politically or not no one can deny that he was the last of a generation that served our country well and truly loved our country and everything it stands for.
The man served in so many capacities and roles in our government, he was a true icon of his generation.

R.I.P President George H.W. Bush 1924-2018

47sawdust

Very well put.He was a true statesman.We would do well to have more of his kind.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

WV Sawmiller

I hate to see him go but he lived a full life. He came to Iraq while I was there but Barbara was a bigger hit with the troops who fell in love with her witty grandmother attitude. They were a great pair and obviously much in love. I will miss them both.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

The three flags flying showed that President Bush was in residence when PatD and I visited Kennebunkport, ME, last year.  Sadly they will never fly again.  RIP #41. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

Whether you agree with him politically or not, he was a class act. He was not into "tooting his own horn", so other presidents (who both preceded and followed him) often get credit for things for which President Bush was the real key player.

There are some pretty eye-opening articles about him from sources across the political spectrum, all of which are very supportive.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Texas Ranger

RIP, sir, one of the last generation to face total war, walked through the fire, and came out the other side to lead the nation.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Resonator

The morning news showed a Clarion Ledger cartoon of George Bush landing his TBM Avenger in the clouds of heaven. His daughter Robin and wife Barbara greeted him saying, "We waited for you". Very moving. Now he is at peace.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Pulphook

One of the rare good men.
A man with leadership, honor, humility, humor.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

barbender

I can't believe some of the nasty stuff some people are saying on Facebook (could be Russian trolls for all I know) the man was a distinguished veteran and public servant. 
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

He and Barbara struck me as very kind, generous people. Very classy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furu

A true American statesman.  He and his kind will be missed.  Nothing like him in the political spectrum today and not likely to see one like him in the future.  A truly good man.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I stopped by the Coleman Veterans memorial last night where we have the flags at half mast. 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sixacresand

A trip to College Station, TX to visit his Library is on our bucket list. 

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

I saw a cute article regarding GHWB passing. Some of the family were commenting about why he had to die so close to Christmas. One of GWBs granddaughters, a 5 y/o, said words to the effect "He had to go to heaven to help Granny Barbara decorate the Christmas tree."

You have to love small children.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!