iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dagnabbit

Started by terrifictimbersllc, February 06, 2012, 01:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Just got a call which ended up in scheduling sawing a 12' x 33" walnut log for later this week.  The tree service was there today taking it down. Right next to his driveway.   15 minutes later he called again to say sorry, it's off, the tree service offered him $500 for the log and he's going to take it.  Must have been "highly valuable".    >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   p.s. had people cancel before but a tree service buying their log this is a first.  >:( >:( >:(
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

rockman

Does the tree company have thier own mill? I know, dumb question.  ::)
Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

terrifictimbersllc

Not so dumb.  Sawmill service or equipment not listed on their web site.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

pnyberg

So, assuming that 33" was the big end of the log, and guessing that the small end is about 30", he got about $1/bdft (international) for the log.  I don't know if that's good or bad, but apparently he wasn't very interested in having the lumber. 

BTW Dennis, is that you selling cherry lumber on Craigslist?

--Peter
No longer milling

terrifictimbersllc

Not me.
p.s. I have some cherry, but it's not for sale.  Nice and warm I am today.    ;D

eastberkshirecustoms

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 06, 2012, 04:35:47 PM
Not me.
p.s. I have some cherry, but it's not for sale.  Nice and warm I am today.    ;D

I had to go look outside to see if you weren't here taking photos. I have a 'whack' of cherry that looks identical to yours.

MotorSeven

That tree service may not have a  mill, but I bet their cousin or brother-in-law does.......

I wonder what the tramp count is gonna be in that log?
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!