iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

phone call just recieved

Started by steve phillips, February 07, 2012, 06:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve phillips

howdy all
ive been working on a motor (onan) 20 hp , the valve seat hammered out of it , it needs a rebuild all the way through.
well just got a call from a man that has a wisconsin 18 hp tjd model. he has it ready for me with a year warranty all fresh . 225.00 bucks , told him i would get it friday lol.
this sort of sets my budget towards the 700 dollar mark , the wife aint going to like it . looks like i will have to build a another turkey shoot barrell lol.
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Raider Bill

You mean a shotgun turkey shoot Barrel?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

steve phillips

yeah like this , cards are at 60ft

buildthisfixthat

thats a good deal for that wisconsin ive seen them sell for up to 700.00 they are great motors lots of torque
shop built bandsaw mill

pyrocasto

I've got the 30hp Wisconsin VH4D on mine. Love it. It's hard to get it started right now when cold, but once started I cant kill it. Mainly hard because of a distributor problem.

sawguy21

Good engine for a mill application if as good as advertised but the price of parts will scare ya.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bibbyman

I guess that pattern would be ok for turkey if you shoot for the head.  But its way too tight for squirrel, rabbit and quail because if you did manage to hit one, it'd tear them all up.

My first gun is a Savage over/under 22lr, 20 gauge full choke chambered 3" magnum.  I made bloody pulp out of a lot of squirrels before I set it aside for a 22 with scope.  My brother-in-law borrowed it for his sons to use turkey hunting using 3" magnm #6 shot.  It has accounted for quite a few turkeys in their hands.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Axe Handle Hound

Steve- Not to get too far off the thread topic, but what shells were you using for those targets?  That's an amazing pattern for that distance. 

steve phillips

howdy axe handle
wagners #9s
this is a card gun only for turkey shooting

ely

drip a little wax onto those number 9 shot, should tighen thos groups up a bit more... ;D

Raider Bill

Very nice looking!
You need to post those pictures in the gun talk thread here. I'd like to discuss more.
I go to Turkey shoots from time to time in Tenn. Those bench rest shotguns are something! Not anything you would take hunting though.

We sometimes pass the time shooting turkey cards off my back porch. Local guy shows up with a 870 that has a 36" bbl he had made. Tough to compete against using a 27" or 30" field gun but we have fun.

Here is a comparison, left gun is a Mossberg with 27" bbl. I did a quick Barrel change from the 18" and left the front pistol grip on. Normally if field hunting that would not be there. The middle is a 30" and the one on the right is a 36" both are Remingtons.

Who makes your barrels?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

kderby

Quote from: ely on February 08, 2012, 09:47:58 AM
drip a little wax onto those number 9 shot, should tighen thos groups up a bit more... ;D

Learn something every day.  Thanks Ely.

Thank You Sponsors!