iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you Baker!

Started by Brad_S., June 03, 2007, 12:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

My 75 year old dad lives 100 miles away and goes south every winter as well, so I don't get to spend nearly as much time with him as I would like. One tradition we've adopted is to take a day trip together shortly after he arrives back north in the spring. The car ride gives us time to catch up with each other and he likes getting away from his care taking chores with my infirmed mother and handicapped sister. This years trip took us to PA Timber 2007 show near State College, PA.

The first display we came to entering the grounds was the Baker tent, where Tom From Mo saw my FF hat and started a conversation. As we stood next to one of those beautiful Baker machines, Dad began asking Tom numerous questions regarding the mill, all of which Tom patiently fielded. A trip around the grounds included a short conversation with Kevin from Logrite and a brief hello to Marty at WM. As we were leaving, we stopped again at the Baker tent so I could take a quick look at the Baker 4 sided moulder. Adam quickly stepped in to open the machine up for my inspection while Dad sat down in one of their chairs for a brief rest. While there, he struck up a conversation with another Baker rep whose name I'm sorry to say I missed, who patiently explained the process of making pallets to Dad. From the expo, we went into town where we had a great dinner with an old high school friend of Dad's who taught at Penn State.

Dad commented several times about "those Baker Boys" and how friendly they were to an old guy asking elementary questions with no hope of a sale to him. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the Baker team for their warm hospitality. It was very much appreciated. smiley_clapping
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

ADAMINMO

I would like to say your welcome from Tom_in_MO and myself. We like to go beyond our sales duties and become a friend to others.We are not going to push things toward people who are only interested in questions and not actually buying.It is those people who we depend on for future business.You may have only been asking questions to satisfy your own knowledge but also you were opening a door for friendship.Somewhere down the line you may have someone ask you about purchasing a machine and at that moment you recollect on how you were treated as a person by us.By that it is spread by word of mouth.I am alwats happy to talk to new people(although Im not that great at going and getting a conversation started) and learn new things as well.I was always tought to "Treat others as you would like to be treated!" and it has always worked for me.

So from me to you " You are very welcome from our neck of the woods"!!!

Thank You Sponsors!