iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what I do with my white pine

Started by donny hochstetler, March 23, 2014, 11:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donny hochstetler

I have been carving now for 5 yrs. {part time} but still spend a fair amount of time burning gas. bears are my main stay I literally cant make em fast enough I make eagles,owls horse heads turtles frogs cats dogs n other things I cant think of gives the wife spending money she does all the sanding n detail work seems to work out for us I use all white pine last summer I carved up two boom truck loades of logs {tri axle} Im gona get my son to post some pictures  hope you enjoy

justallan1

Very nice work, Donny.
I've always wanted to try that, but just have too many projects going all the time.

Allan

giant splinter

That is very nice work, I don't think I would even try that ....... I have no idea of how it is done and I would not know where to start.
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Great bear. ;D Cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

a few years back my buddy carved a 5 foot long and all most 3ft tall skidder and took it to Boonville logger field days in ny and some guy from nj won it    but to see all the little kids trying to get in side it was a hoot    good luck with your carvings it is an art that I cant do  :'(

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pep

Awesome job Donny, your very talented.

Cheers

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

Alcranb

Beautiful! You are a gifted man. It always amazes me how someone with your talent can look at that piece of wood and visualize a piece of art. Me, I look at that in it's raw form and see.......a piece of wood  :-\
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

stoneeaglefarm

That is excellent and I hope to give it a go someday. Keep on carving.

Autocar

Real nice Donney I once sawed out a punpkin but my wife said to me what is that thing  :D well it looked like a punpkin to me.
Bill

windy hill farm

Real nice work, great pictures to. Keep them coming.
New Holland TN-60DA, Farmi Winch 501,Rhino 9.5ft 3pt backhoe,Sthil 440,361,270, 170 and O26 and several trailers.

Ken

I am always impressed when I see what some people can do with a block of wood.  Very nice. 

I delivered several very large white pine pieces a few years ago to a local chainsaw carver.  I thought we had an agreement that he would return one to me as a carving.  Never did get anything from him.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

It's simple guys- all Donny's doing is cutting off everything that ain't bear ;D Impressive work, Donny!
Too many irons in the fire

luvmexfood

Excellent. I always wanted to be able to paint pictures but can't draw stickmen. My daughter on the other hand can draw like you would not believe. Has one county art show many times. She has the patience to set and work on something for hours. She mainly loves to draw wolves and I have begged her to draw some deer.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!