iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

loader

Started by coxy, April 29, 2015, 07:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has any one done or see anyone use a (hibeb loader I know its not spelled right)  with a grapple on it my neighbor has a wood processer and we were thinking about trying to rig something up to load the deck and separate the big and crooked logs that wont go through the processer if anyone has pics that would be great  :)

landscraper

Hiab?

I had a palfinger that I was going to mount a grapple on, never found a grapple, I ended up selling the crane to a tree guy who uses it with slings and a hook to load logs. 

The only problem I saw with mounting the grapple was where to stow it when the knuckleboom was all folded up for transport.  Mine folded in on itself behind the cab of my truck and the headache rack of the bed and I didn't see a good way to stow the grapple along with the boom.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

lopet

If speed isn't a issue, they're slooooow.
Or you can change the valve bank, but can't see why it's a problem to put a grapple on it.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

magicmikey

I had 2 truck cranes, one which was modified for a short log hauler. The pair of hydraulic hoses on the boom run a homemade grapple with a single cylinder. The control valve was relocated and had pedal swing.
  The fotos are 35 years old. :laugh: :)
mike

coxy

thanks for the info    I like the pics of the old trucks  :)

gjersy

Messed up posting those pics, but thats a Hiab on my 1970 TJ with a 1/2 cord bypass clam, it has tandem 34 gpm gear pumps and is pretty fast for its day.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

beenthere

gjersy
Your pics are in your gallery, so to put them in your post just modify the post, click on the line below "Click here to add Photos to post" and when the window opens, click on the "My Gallery" tab.  Your gallery will open and you then click on the pic you want to post. It will enlarge.
At that point, scroll down a page or so to see "Insert Image in Post". Click that, say OK and your pic will show in your post. Verify by clicking the Preview button.

Just one small step away.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHill8903

I have a Hiab 650 crane with 2 extra valves. I've also considered adding a grapple(log tongs can be scary). What's the best way to run the hoses with the extensions?  I know they make hose reels that would allow the hose to stretch/retract with the extensions, but they seem to only be 2 hose reels. Is there a way to run a grapple and rotator with one valve?  I'm thinking skidsteer quick connects would make it easy to take the grapple on/off.

mad murdock

We have a Hiab log crane on a truck at work we use for lifting the helicopters and other things as needed. It works well. I think max lift is something like 6,000 or 6,500 lbs close in.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

lopet

Quote from: CHill8903 on May 15, 2015, 11:30:30 PM
What's the best way to run the hoses with the extensions?  I know they make hose reels that would allow the hose to stretch/retract with the extensions,

I normally just run loops on top of the boom and tie to hoses together. That might be a little catchy if you're working underneath of trees. Just a idea.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!