iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw Bill Clinton in person today

Started by woodmills1, January 20, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

nice we can all talk about the intended topic.  But, have you seen a former president? 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

No but I did see a President that was in office.  On Veterans Day in 1961, I heard John F. Kennedy give an address and watched him place a wreath on the Unknown Soldier's Tomb.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

nice, and it doesn't matter if ya voted for him, part of what makes us the greatest.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

I was only 18 at the time and could not vote anyway. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: woodmills1 on January 21, 2016, 07:51:21 PM
nice we can all talk about the intended topic.  But, have you seen a former president? 8)

I saw Jimmy Carter when he was running as he stumped at the papermill where I was working for the summer. I was in OCS in Quantico when he was inaugurated and was able to go watch the inauguration parade which included Col. Harlan Sanders and concluded by the peanut brigade from Plains towing a huge helium filled peanut.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Mooseherder

I saw Nixon at Loring Air Force Base when I was just a lil children.
I've seen what our current President does to the traffic when he comes to our area.  It ain't right.

Jhenderson

I hope to hear from " down under" for conformation but as far as I know, failing to vote in Austrailian national elections earns you a tax penalty.

pigman

You mean you saw The Col. Harlan Sanders . 8) Now, that was a true honor.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

dustyhat

Right on, anybody can cook chicken  that good , got a be a hero. :D

Planman1954

I saw President Clinton once. I felt as though I was in the movie alongside Forrest Gump. This is what happened. My young son and I had driven to Washington D.C. We were walking around the mall area visiting the Smithsonian museums. We had heard that the president was speaking at the VietNam memorial. I knew that he would be very controversial seeing as the veterans did not care much for him at the time. So as the time approached for him to be there, we started walking towards the event and went through the security checkpoint. As we continued walking towards a place to sit, we found ourselves walking throu a bunch of VietNam vets dressed in their army fatigues. As Clinton approached the stage at the memorial, we suddenly heard a LOUD atten-hut! All of the men stood up at attention. Remember, my son and I were in the middle of these men. Then another order was yelled, ABOUT FACE! They all turned their backs on Clinton and stood there during the speech. That was the only time I saw him.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

red

1968 Bill Clinton won a highly prestigious Rhodes Scholarship
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

whiskers

LBJ came to Camp Pendleton for the Marine Corps birthday in '67. NCOs were allowed to straggle to the ceremony at the airfield so we got a case and straggled to the beach instead. Don't think he missed us much. ;D
many irons in the fire.........

Den Socling

Editing by the administrators has kept this out of the woodshed.  :D

John S

I have seen two, Clinton and Ronald Reagan and also saw one hopefully not a future president (HRC). I am proud of one of them (served 1981-89).
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

mad murdock

I was going over with the boys in our local BSA troop this week Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge.  We were learning the difference between Rights, Duties and Responsibilities as citizens where we live.  Voting I told them was a Right, a Duty and a Responsibility of all who belong to a society that is or purports to be free, and self governing.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Jeff

Last post, while not really political is a beckon for someone to make one. Don't do it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red

Nope can't get my Goat . . He always comes back home
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

customsawyer

Seen Reagan once. He wanted to see a unit landing on a drop zone so I was in the unit dropped into Sicily DZ as Reagan sat in the bleachers. He was a little blurry on the way down but that was as close as I ever got.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

scsmith42

I saw Bush Sr. when he gave a speech at the Texas Capital back in the late 80's. Also had a very cool tour of the White House from an acquaintance that worked on his staff in 1990.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

dchiapin

Saw Johnson in the early 60's at Rodeheaver Boys Ranch (south of Palatka, Fl) at the dedication for the opening of the (now defunct) Cross Florida Barge Canal.
Saw Bill and Hillary in Gainesville Florida along with Al Gore and Tipper when he was running the first time. Even shook hands with them.
Saw Bill Clinton again in Orlando at the Florida DNC nomination. He was running for his second term.
Have a picture of me with Jimmy Carter and his family at dinner in Steinhatchee, Fl.

Planman1954

I shook President Reagan's hand when he was running for office in 1980. He flew into Monroe, Louisiana on a campaign stop and spoke at the local airport in a hanger. It was a large crowd, and my wife and I made I way up front to the greeting line as he was leaving. I stuck out my hand as he walked by. He shook it as I said, "You know you are going to win, don't you!" He said, "well" ( He REALLY did say, "Well!") Anyway he said, "Well, with your help I will." It made my day.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

redprospector

That's one of the nice things about living in Southern New Mexico. There's not a big enough population for those running for President to really spend any time here, and once they're elected, they really don't care.  ;)
There are cities that have a bigger population than our entire state. I don't figure I have to worry about meeting a president.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

chet

After some thought I sent my own last post to da woodshed.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

terrifictimbersllc

If you're not really sure you could put it in Conferencing first.  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!