iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Food Plot Trees - New Niche Market

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 01, 2016, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I stopped at the local Beckley WV Wal Mart a week or so back. Stopped by the fruit trees and found they had a new section called Wildlife Foot Plot trees. I saw Chinese Chestnuts and wild persimmons. Both were advertised as productive bearers and I know they are prime wildlife food. I hope it pans out and think they may have hit on a new niche market. Are they selling them in your area or is this a WV thing?

I am sure many of you have planted an apple or pear tree near your hunting areas. Not sure how some of you anti-baiting hunters feel about this. It is very much like using a naturally occurring plant.

I planted both persimmons and chestnuts a couple years ago. The chestnuts may make it, the persimmons did not have adequate roots but I bought 2 at a local flea market 2 weeks ago along with some plums. These were evidently planted from seeds and seem to be doing well. I hope so as I like to eat them. Did not plant them near my hunting areas but I am sure the wildlife will still get most of them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!