iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Iron of a sort

Started by Texas Ranger, November 24, 2007, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Had a client call for a visit to inspect some dying trees, he is of the generation just past the robber barons of timber in east Texas, although his ancestor was one of the good ones.  Any how, I had forgotten the road to the land and stopped to take this picture.  It is one of the old logging engines the photo is more an accident than anything else, the colors and blur almost make it look like a moving train.

The owner had residual damages from hurricane Rita, the wind whipped the tops, and broke roots, giving access to fungus and other bad stuff.  Two years after the storm and we are still seeing damage disappear. 

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Texas Ranger

Had some friends got to the Missionary Ridge reenactment in south Alabama, near Georgia line, with their cannon, here they are, with a couple of good old boys, before they left.

Grawulf

TR,
First photo is really impressive - kinda surrealistic like it should have Polar Express written on the side of it.  :)

Larry

Dad and I were going to get some pictures and measurements off old cannon just in case we decide to build one someday.  Somebody forgot the tape measure, :-[ so to occupy our time we stopped at the Elkhorn Tavern.

Dad happened to mention if his grandpa hadn't spent so much time in the tavern the battle outcome could have been different along with the war. ;D

Do you know which battle Dad was discussing?

I see a smile on your locomotive. :)  Great picture. 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

mike_van

Wouldn't be the battle of Pea Ridge would it Larry?
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Larry

Sheesh...that didn't take long. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Texas Ranger

They have, or had, the neatest little brass canon at Pea Ridge when we were there 20 years ago.

Thank You Sponsors!