iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS 460 magnum opinions

Started by barbender, January 11, 2018, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Alright guys, I'd like to get into a newer saw to complement my aging Husky 346 and Jred 2171. I found an absolutely mint Stihl 460 magnum for $500. What are your opinions on this saw? I know it's an older model. I mostly want it for "big saw" work, but it kinda falls between the Husky 372 and 390. The 390 is what I'd really like, but that would cost me another $600 for a new one. I don't really "need" a 90cc saw, and I've always been happy with the power of my Jred 2171. I've never owned a Stihl and I'd like to try one.
Too many irons in the fire

ladylake

Don't wait too long it will be gone , good saws.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Banjo picker

I like mine.  Bought it new about 9 years ago and paid between 7 and 8 hundred for it then.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

barbender

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a scam. Odd manner of response and some strange English. Usually CL scams are pretty easy to spot, something like a "2017 Kubota tractor" for a way too low and oddball price like "$4008", but this one was ballpark price, for a used saw, but in the pictures it didn't look like it had even been started.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!