iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIRDS

Started by Bro. Noble, December 16, 2004, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

No, I believe those are cliff swallows and Capistrano is their destination from Argentina. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Haven't seen any Tree Swallows here yet!

Saw a male Blue Bird a few days ago!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Bluebirds arrived.  :)

A bit grainy, but picture was taken through screen and on digital zoom.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The blue birds sure do look good.
Brenda saw some a few days ago. I have not been out front much yet this year. When I start the raking along side of the driveway I should see them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

A couple of Red-bellied woodpeckers are nesting in the bird boxes I built on the grandkids fort and swing.
They spent a couple days making the entry holes bigger. 

Woodpeckers - YouTube

lxskllr

I feed feral cats out back, and the birds come and collect the scraps. A cardinal pair just showed up, the male grabbed a piece of kibble, and gave it to his mate that was perched on a nearby stick.

Chuck White

A surprise this morning, the male Eastern Bluebird that's been here for a week or so, now has a mate!

Looks like SHE approves of the house the male had picked out! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

Spent a few days at the camp, seen a few birds took pictures of some of them.

Not sure about this one, immature eagle perhaps?

Flicker

Red-tailed Hawk

This Grouse flew up in a maple tree and hopped around and seem to be eating the red buds.

Loon

1959 Piper PA-18

Chuck White

I agree, that first pic has got to be a juvenile Bald Eagle!

We've got Hummingbirds coming to the feeders now, and I saw my first (of the year) Rose Breasted Grossbeak yesterday!

Most of the regulars are here now, but I still haven't seen a Baltimore Oriole!

thecfarm

Baltimore orioles are at my house. Brenda called me at work and asked where the feeders was. She had 4 at one time. A big deal for us. Last year they stayed all summer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

That explains their record in the AL East.

Beer, sunflower seeds, roast neef sandwiches and crabcakes are favored by Orioles.
HM126

SwampDonkey

Saw one of them immature eagles today hovering near the river bank and not far off the main road. I went slow because I know down in Maine there is a spot that them eagles have gotten hit by car traffic before.

SwampDonkey

Haven't seen them orioles here for years. Used to see them in the back yard. Also, I don't think the blue birds are staying this year. I never seen any female ones yet. The male was alone. Cats eat a lot of blue birds.

Chuck White

Ray;  We had an Oriole feeder here for a few years, but we never saw an Oriole feeding from it, just Hummingbirds!

I made a little holder that will hold 1/2 of an orange, cut crossways and they would feed from it, whenever they would be feeding, orange juice would be splattering everywhere!

Jeff

I rebuilt our birdfeeding station this morning, and not ten minutes after hanging the feeders we got this visitor. Second time in my life to see one. An Indigo  Bunting. 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Just in time!!!!!!  I think I have only seen one,that was years ago. I had to get the bird book out to identify it.

Chuck White

We get them here, mostly later in the Summer!

The Scarlet Tanagers show up about that same time. I think they nest in the woods directly behind the back yard!

Peter Drouin

My bears would have a good time with your feeders Jeff.  :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

tule peak timber

The progression of baby doves in the front yard, from parents to flyaway kids.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

SwampDonkey

Scarlet tanagers are a rare sight up here to and very shy bird. We don't get the buntings up this way though. We barely have blue birds in my estimation. And this year is not looking good for the bluebirds.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Hilltop366 on May 09, 2019, 09:03:23 AM

This Grouse flew up in a maple tree and hopped around and seem to be eating the red buds.
It appears to me the grouse is in a white birch feeding on the catkins as grouse do. ;)

Bricklayer51

Yesterday I could hear the orioles so when I went to the store I picked up a orange put it on the feeder both were there this morning

Hilltop366

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 11, 2019, 08:30:11 AM
Quote from: Hilltop366 on May 09, 2019, 09:03:23 AM

It appears to me the grouse is in a white birch feeding on the catkins as grouse do. ;)
Now that you say it that sounds correct, it was just about dark but there is a birch behind the maple trees there.

Jeff

Lots of color the last couple day.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I fed 12-15 blue jays here all winter and when the weather warms up they take off without a thank you. I'm cut'n back their rations next winter.  :D

I still have not heard the brown thrasher this year. He always goes to the big rock maple in the yard to announce his presence. So far nothing.

Thank You Sponsors!