iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

END=HELP need a 24 footer in Ohio + A Thank You

Started by beetle, June 22, 2005, 10:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beetle

I need a 8"x10"x24' full cut White Pine beam within a month. One of mine took off on me and my sawyer has closed up shop. There is one other sawyer here that cuts Pine but he cannot do a 24 footer.

Is there anyone here in northeast Ohio that can help me??
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kevin

If you buy me an extension for my LT-15 I'll make you one for free.  ;D

beetle

EZ

Jeff

EZ, are you really going to buy an extension for Kevin so he can saw a beam for free for Beetle? What a guy... ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Jist cain't git no respect round hyere  ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beetle

My frame is almost ready and I got no tie beam  :'(   :'(  :'(  Can anyone in Ohio help??

Jim_Rogers

One way to find the stick you need is to call Woodmizer. Select the "Find a sawyer" option and get a list of sawyers in your area and call them.
Another way is woodfinder.com. Go there and select green timbers and your area and you should get a list of suppliers.
Also, woodplanet is a good place to look, I believe you can post a request for a quote.
If I had a 24' log, I'd cut you one, but the shipping would kill you,  :D :D But it would be fun to deliver it.....
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beetle

Ah heck Jim...we can stick a couple wheels on the back, attach a tail light, drill a hole in the front to bolt to the bumper and motor down the road  :o

Jim_Rogers

I've got a trailer hitch.....
I never thought about doing that, but it wood work :D
I'd have to take it to the DMV and get a home made trailer ID number first........ ::)
I have a friend who worked at the power company. I should contact him and get one of those little "dinky" trailers they use to haul telephone poles on, we could use that......

It would be sand blasted when you get it though........

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beetle

Na, we dont need to take it to the DMV, stick a slow moving vehical triangle on the back and we are now "agricultural excempt "  8)

Thehardway

If you can get a log locally, I can mill it it up to 28' long.  My mill is portable and I can travel and do it on location.  What part of OH are you in?  Oh yeah, make sure the butt diameter is not greater than 21" and you have some able bodies to help me handle it.  This is strictly a manually operated mill. No hydraulics.
Norwood LM2000 24HP w/28' bed, Hudson Oscar 18" 32' bed, Woodmaster 718 planer,  Kubota L185D, Stihl 029, Husqvarna 550XP

beetle

Thank you for the offer, I thick I got one but it aint here yet. I will keep ya posted.

beetle

Thank you to Suley for helping a fellow member..and everyone that offered help.

We no longer need a 24 footer in Ohio  8)

Furby

suley

Thank You Sponsors!