iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dads Swing

Started by Percy, September 29, 2003, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

About ten years ago when Dad was 63, he figured to build a swing between two big Cottonwoods in his yard. The crazy old guy,using spurs and climbing riggin, climbed up these two cottonwoods pictured below and using practical engeneering, got a 30 foot cedar pole to go between the two trees. The swing cables are 67feet,nine inches long. To get the swing happenin, the rider hangs on to a handle with a pulley on it that arope goes thu. one end is tied to a Spruce tree directly in line with the swing. The ground crew pulls on the other end. When you get high enuff, you let the handle go and...swoooosh, what a rush.

We took a bunch of pics on sunday of us measurin and the pics and application are goin off the the Guiness Book of world records to see if its the biggest.

The base of the Cottonwoods

THe top of said Cottonwoods and the 30 foot Cedar crosspole. Dad hauled that pole home in his halfton..Gota 150 dollar fine.....He's quite a character 8)

The ground crew pullin the rope

The rider...riding

Me and Dad havin a couple of his home made beers.....the stuff is very potent...I says " Hey Dad, this beer is ok but it dont taste that great" .  Dad says "I aint lookin for taste, Im lookin for results."
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

biziedizie

OHHHHHH BOY is that ever cool 8) 8) Do you get the rush that you get on a roller coaster???
  How did he get the pole between the trees??? He makes brew that tastes like crap but knocks you on your butt??? Pleazzzz telll me that he lives down my way ;D ;D

Steve

RavioliKid

Wow! That is some swing!

Too bad you're all the way on the other side of the continent - I'd come out for a turn!

(And, maybe a brew, too!)
 8)
RavioliKid

Kevin

That's neat Percy.
Who inspects the pole?   :D

ohsoloco

I wanna ride (and a brew)  :)

Hope ya get in tha book  8)

Gus

That is a way cool 8) swing
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

shopteacher

That's quite a feat for a crew let alone one man. Hope you make the book.  What do you call that brew? :o
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!