iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A piece of history

Started by etroup10, October 08, 2018, 07:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

My parents are doing some remodeling in the house i grew up in. The house was built in the late 1800s, anyhow, they pulled up some of the original floor boards and i took a piece for a project my wife is working on. This is cross section of one of the floor boards.

Its amazing to think it took 110 years to grow a 1x7...  and that this tree was probably alive during the revolutionary war and maybe much older considering i have no idea just how big the tree was. Also, i have always heard that the old trees were stable, this guy sawed right through the pith and its as flat as can be
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

4x4American

Better throw that board out it has pith in it :D :D
What's that, OG Doug Fir?  
Boy, back in my day..

etroup10

Doubt its doug fir. We are in pennsylvania and i am assuming it was a local species
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!