iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old motorized iron

Started by Texas Ranger, January 17, 2019, 03:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

A friends daughter bought a wooded tract of land in Polk County that had a 1940's house on it along with some old barns.  They have rebuilt the house and the daughter now lives back in the woods.

In two of the old sheds were this vintage tractors.

I have no idea what the rubber tired thing was, the other was a paddle wheel to work the clay in this area.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DelawhereJoe

Is the blue tractors seat on backwards ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

SawyerTed

No expert here but I've run across a few doodlebug tractors (home built) built during the late 1930s and early 1940s. David Bradley actually sold a kit but many were made from salvage auto parts from 1920s. Some were very well built but most were just functional.

The blue tractor seat looks like it might not be fun to ride!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Dave Shepard

First one has a lot of Ford/Fordson features. The second is a Farmall F12 with a later Farmall H hood.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_belben

The amish are prone to putting a rubber tread over a steel wheel.  Conflict between their rules on pneumatic tires eating up their culture, and the hwy depts rules on metal wheels eating up their road. 

Maybe it was run inside a building on concrete or something??
Praise The Lord

Resonator

x2 what Dave said. And yes that seat is on backwards! 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

What was his FF login name? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

loggah

The first one is the remains of a fordson industrial warehouse tractor. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

WV Sawmiller

Loggah,

Good to see your smiling face here again. I think we mostly chase different threads but I have missed seeing you here.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!