iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about "power beyound" with hydraulics

Started by VictorH, March 03, 2017, 06:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorH

I'm trying to convert an old Ditch Witch backhoe attachment to be used with a skidloader.  I'm even eyeballing it as a log loader (but that a different topic lol)  There are three Hoses that feed and or return fluid back to the main machine.  I have found enough information to know that one of these is for "power beyond".  What I can't figure out and hope someone here can tell me is which hose is which.  Also can I simply plug the hydraulic beyond hose location once identified?

This is the unit

In this picture the 2 U shaped lines on the right are 2 of the three lines

In this picture you can see the U shaped line on the left side and this is the third line.

Thanks for the help!

reedco

May be letters in the valve body casting. P(pump) would be input,T(tank) would be out or return to tank or reservoir. I think you can just run it back to the tank with the return, but if you are mixing open and closed center system every thing will get hot !! Sorry about getting so wordy just never know about changes in terminology from different areas.
Not many trees

snowstorm

power beyond lest you run another valve bank. you do need the power beyond end section for the valve bank. it wount let you run 2 or 3 functions at once. but almost no open center setup will do that. lets say there is a 3\4 hose from pump to valve end section then there should also be a 3\4 hose from the other end going to your next valve bank

snowstorm

the power beyond will need to be on the skid steer. or use a diverter valve 

VictorH

Thanks guys,  I must not have explained what I'm needing to figure out very well.

reedco - I cant really see any of the body of the valve bank without removing it.  I may have too but I'd rather not.

snowstorm - I know what power beyond is for and that one of the three hoses is there to feed that bank.  I was hoping someone would know as a matter of course which hose was the supply, the return and which was for power beyond.  I don't need the power beyond and need to know what to do to disable it.  Can I simply cap that hose or does it need to be T'd into the return?

Thanks again

kensfarm

Found on the web.. they have hydraulic diagram.. but person wrote:

The bottom right hose (looking at it from camera angle) is the input and I Tee off the left and right top hoses to the return line.

www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/327548-ditch-witch-backhoe-hydraulics.html

Hope you get it working. 

VictorH

Kensfarm - that's perfect.  Thank you so much!

Victor

kensfarm

You are welcome!  I've been trying to learn more about hydraulics reading online.. one manufacturer makes videos explaining diff. valve types.  I've wanted to add a few hydraulic mods to my sawmill.. seeing all the useful mods others have done.  Most functions are already hydraulic.. so I have that benefit.  Finding the time to work on it is biggest problem.. plus the costs can add up quick too.

Keep us posted.. it'll be interesting to see your setup in action! 

VictorH

I will update as I go.  The hoses are shot, blew two trying to get working.  I'll need to replace all of them I'm afraid.  I designed an adapter plate that allows it to be attached to a skidloader or similar.

Thank You Sponsors!