iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt15GO up and running!

Started by Gagnon Mountain, October 06, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gagnon Mountain

Drove up to Woodmizer Maine yesterday (5 hour round trip) to pick up the trailer package.

Finished putting it together around noon today.

First log supplied a couple bunks and a bunch of stickers.  The wife took this picture to post on facebook.

The next two logs provided 16 1x6, 3 1x4 and one 1x10.

The wife did most of the off bearing, she did a great job and actually said it was fun!

Here is shot from this morning with my wife and my dad helping load the head unit onto the frame.
Dad is 78 years old, and doesn't normally get away from the tv, but he spent the last two days helping me with the mill.  Seems he has taken quite an interest in it.

Yes, I have been bit.  I have the next two days off and plan to make a bunch of sawdust!

Tony

Bruno of NH

Great job Tony
Very happy for you. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

47sawdust

I'm glad for your Dad......and of course you.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

SawyerTed

Great!  Glad you, your dad and your wife are getting off to a fun start!   Best wishes for many many days of happy sawing!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

barbender

Awesome! It sounds like it will be good for your Dad, too!👍
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

You will like it!!
You will like burning the slabs in that fire pit too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Go ahead and hit your first backstop soon.  Get it over with  ;D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lko67

Congrats, have fun and enjoy soon you'll have lumber piled every where and wonder what you'll do with the slabs and sawdust.

Skipper11A

Nice pics!  That LT15GO  looks like a great mill.  You'll never be sorry that you made that purchase.

samandothers

Man! Looks like the Bruno trip inspired you!  Great you helped with Bruno's sawing, but also gave you some great time to learn from veterans.  Good looking stack of lumber with the stickers all lined up!

Glad your dad is getting into it.  Hope it will keep him interested and active.  Things are always better when the Better half is happy and interested.  

Outlaw

I to just got a mill. And it's funny how a mill will make a older fellow want to get up and going. My dad just got a new hip and was on the phone early this morning wondering what I was up too. It's to wet to get my mill to my logs, but tomorrow I'll drag it with the tractor so he and I can get out there and get our fix. Can't wait!!
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

Lawg Dawg

Congrats, I started on a 15, and run it for over 7 years...great Sawmill!  One of the best things I done to mine was extend the water line over to the operaters side and put a needle valve in line.  Easier than reaching up and over every time!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

newoodguy78

Chuck White

Congratulations on getting started, and a bit of a restart for your DAD!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

78NHTFY

Nice going Tony!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

wayback40

Nice.  I have thought about putting mine on the trailer package to make it portable.  Was your LT15 already set up when you added the trailer package?  Wondering how hard it is and if there is anything to look out for.
Wood-Mizer LT15

Thank You Sponsors!