iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chicken

Started by luvmexfood, November 24, 2014, 06:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Does anyone on here not like chicken in some form or fashion? I love it about anyway fixed. Dark meat is my preference.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

goose63

Boasted  white meat with lots of salt
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

StimW

Does KFC count?  :)
I can do leg quarters on the grill that will slap your taste buds. It takes about 45 minutes and I swap them side of the grill to the other side turning off the side they are on. Baking indirectly but the grease burns when I turn the burner back on smoking them.
They brown perfectly and there is no fat left on them and the skin is delicious!
It seems like they always have 10 bags of leg quarters on sale too.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Magicman

Wanna guess how da "Chickin Crispin" got it's name  ???

Now dat's much better.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

There must be a gazillion different ways to prepare chicken. I don't think I have tried any I don't like, well maybe except greasy KFC. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

luvmexfood

Guess I got my liking for dark meat when I was growing up. My grandfather lived with us and had a big chicken house. We would get about three bushels of eggs a day and had a machine with a light that you watched the eggs go by and then it sorted them according to size.

Then we peddled them off out of an old van. Had a route and most of the houses new what day we came and always had me a bag of candy. I was around 4 or 5 then. Better than haloween because they knew what I liked.

Getting back to the chicken papaw knew exactly when a chicken was not producing good and they got the butcher knife. Sunday dinner was usually chicken and the adults got the white meat and the kids the dark. Don't remember exactly but some of the chickens would have eggs in the making in them. Papaw always got them because he loved them.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

RM Farm

Good ole drunken chicken on the grill seasoned with garlic salt,onion powder, black pepper and cayenne. 5lb bird for about 2- 21/2 hours under indirect heat. Nice and crispy outside and moist an tender inside.  :)
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

drobertson

Chicken is a main staple here for us,  and to think, we even eat chicken before they hatch ;D  one of the few animals that produce while they are being fed,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Quote from: drobertson on November 25, 2014, 07:53:08 AM
Chicken is a main staple here for us,  and to think, we even eat chicken before they hatch ;D  one of the few animals that produce while they are being fed,,

Kind of like what a member wrote on here a week or so back.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once!"

My favorite meat in chicken (or turkey) is the dark meat, seems to be more moist!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bricklayer51

I like to buy whole ones inject them with creole butter then put them in the smokehouse .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bricklayer51 on November 26, 2014, 09:24:04 AM
I like to buy whole ones inject them with creole butter then put them in the smokehouse .

You got a picture of your smoke house? That really interest me. Thanks!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

My smokehouse looks like a trash can.  A metal one. ;D
I'm doing another trash can turkey tomorrow and warming a ham in the Pizza oven.  I'll have the can elevated just enough off the ground to put Pecan Planer shavings on the coals for some smoke to work its way in there.   There will be plenty of food if y'all want or could make it down.

sawguy21

Had some delicious chicken for supper. K coated some breasts with Panko crumbs, chili flakes and a few spices then baked them. They were really flavorful with a bit of a bite.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gimpy

Chicken? Anyway my wife cooks it. I was single far too long to not enjoy a good cook's delights.

However, Turkey? That's my job ever since we bought a fryer. Never had such moist white meat before the fryer. I'll fry up two tomorrow for a supply for the family for days.

We eat far more chicken than red meat anymore.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Bricklayer51

poston I am not good with computers and do not have a camera so the young guys I hunt with are going to come over later and have a go at posting pictures. I built it out of 8 inch concrete block, its 4 ft inside and 9 courses high.it started for venison sausage then we tried different meats with great results.

ozarkgem

I like the white meat. I prefer my meat on the dry side. So chicken and turkey work good for me.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Weekend_Sawyer

I like mine spineless aka, spatchcock.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!