iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introduction

Started by WeeksvilleWoodWorx, April 02, 2004, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Well I have been lurking in these parts for months. Figured now that I have ordered my WM I better get official because this definitely is the group to look for help when it comes to mills/milling.

I should be picking my new LT40HDG28 in about a week. First, I'll get through the 60 or so logs I have piled up after Isabel. Then I hope to do some custom sawing.

Hope you don't mind real green beginners! :D

Brian
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Tom

You're going to like that mill.  It's a real workhorse.

Beginner?

We were all beginners once and are still beginners when it comes to some of these projects.  Seems you never learn all of this stuff. :D

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

VA-Sawyer

WWW,
Welcome to the FF.  ;D   I'm just up the road a little ways in Williamsburg, VA.  I also have a LT40HD, tell me a little more about your engine.
VA-Sawyer

Bibbyman

Welcome to the FF WWW.  

I get up to a new beginning every day.  Problem is,  I end up the day behinder than I started. >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Thanx for the welcomes!

VA-Sawyer Noticed you up there, I think there is another memeber...Dail? a few miles from here accross the river, lot further to drive it ;D

The engine is a 28HP Fuel Injected Kohler.

Brian

woodhaven

Pul up a chair and set a spell.
I am also a  Isabel surviver.
Richard

Tobacco Plug

Welcome WWW.  You will soon be amongst those of us whose veins aren't just filled with cholesterol, but also with sawdust!  Every log is like opening a new book and reading what's inside.

That Kohler engine sounds pretty cool.  I didn't know they were fuel injected.  Still, can't fuss about the old Onan on mine.
 8)
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

pappy

Bibby,

I like that so much I printed it and I'm gonna hang it in the mill!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

WeeksvilleWoodWorx---welcome I like GREEN  ;D

and make sure ya tell 911 ta keep some "orange blood" Handy.   ya never know when ya might need it---there are  times when ya git in a frenzy just a sawin and ya fer get ta git some nourishment in ya and BOOM down ya go---just a word to da Wise---don't fer git ta eat.  My mill is green and they guts my color.

Yous just gonna loves turning Butt ugly logs inta stock some artsy is gonna make sumpin just Bea ute ti full from, just don't forget to charge a fair price for you and your customer  ;)

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

ronwood

WeeksvilleWoodWorx,

Welcome to the forum! You will enjoy the new mill.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

shopteacher

Welcome as your now or  about to become a sawmill junky. Congrats on the new mill and watch out for the log supports and dogs as they tend to sneak up on ya.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Ga_Boy

WWW welcome.

I'm kinda new around here ma self.  I'm not a sawyer, at least not yet.  Been hav'n trouble find'n a good'n up here in Southern Maryland.

I sure you'll like it here, I sore do. 8)

Ga Boy
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

chet

WWW, glad ta see ya decided ta join in. Keep da camera handy as we like pictures and progress reports.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Pictures? I like pictures 8) Here sum from Isabel.

My driveway is to the right of that fence post, I think ;D

This is my son, he is 6'4", in my father in laws yard. This one hit the house, he has a new house now :o

Thanks for the welcome!

dail_h

Hot Dang,
   I finally got me a neighbor on the FF. Brian,I'm in the heart of beautiful Durants Neck. Stop over sometime,I'mright directly behind the Methodist Church. You being in Weeksville an all,you didn't wind up with Mr W A Weeks mill didja?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Frickman

Welcome WWW! Hide that mill till you get your logs sawn. Once folks find out you got a mill you might not have time to saw your own wood.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

dail_h,

Nope not WAs, I gettin me a new orange one! I look at Durants Neck all day, I am on the Little River.

Frickman,

Just the rumors have got a list goin already!

Brian

Frickman

WWW, you'll have to pull a move like Tom Sawyer did whitewashing the fence. Let folk's help you offbear and help pay for the mill too.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

JD350Cmark

WWW,

Congrats on the new mill.  I have had mine for a month now and am having so much fun turning logs into lumber that I have not gotten to building anything yet.  Good luck!  -Mark
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Jacar

Welcome WWW,

There are a lot of us newbies.  I have been sawing two years.  Sit back and learn.  :P :P I am still asking questions, haven't posted an answer yet. :D

Jacar
Jack Watkins

Thank You Sponsors!