iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Italian saw?

Started by knuckledragger, April 19, 2018, 10:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckledragger

A man walked into my shop this past weekend carrying two chainsaws. ms461 & a 264f de lux. Starter rope and choke/kill switch wasn't operating correctly on the stihl. He waited on the stihl and left the 264f. Olympik is the manufacturer of the 264f de lux, and it is made in Italy. I can remember only one who Olympik dealer in this area. Best I remember he put up a good effort to make his Olympik saw catch on. Eventually he had to face the fact that they were not going to catch on. I have a notion that the saw I'm about to repair was purchased from this guy. I'm curious to know first have the Olympik saws caught on anywhere and soundly who owns one of these saws in a professional environment.

wild262

Don't think they really caught-on well here in NE Missouri, but in 1985 I bought a new 950f super and run the tire out of it for a lot of years.  That dealer sold several, but later changed to Husqvarna in the years following.  It was Italian, and was a good saw for me, but heavy for its size.  They were well built, and I never had a problem with it.  Dad bought a new 024 the year prior, and was always having oiler problems.   Can't say I have any complaints other than weight, but at that time I was 27 yrs. young, and weight was no issue then. :)

knuckledragger

I can agree with you on the weight issue. The 264f is heavy without a b/c. This saw has been around a long time and it has been used a lot from the looks of it. I know the owner is not a logger, he's an excavator. Any pros out there using Olympik saws?

630red

not sure but i think they be oleo mac saws now :-\

NCFarmboy

They are Efco now.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

knuckledragger

Great, I know of no efco in the vicinity of anywhere & oleo mac sounds like a children's microwaveable snack. Thanks for the replies.

Thank You Sponsors!