iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm tired of long sleeve shirts...

Started by woodsteach, January 29, 2008, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsteach

OK , I'm 6'5" and can't seem to find long sleeve shirts with sleeves long enough, or stay long enough after 1-2 washings and air drying.  Yep, I buy XL- Tall shirts but the sleeves still shrink up.  Am contemplating custom made shirts as the last 3 shirts now stop 3" back from my wrist and when I bought them they were approx 1" past. 

So does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do about it?

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

sawguy21

I only wear long sleeve shirts to weddings and funerals so no help here. ;D I wish I could find comfortable pants though.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

I always roll up my sleeves, I don't know if they are too short or not!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Hi-Country Orange

WH_Conley

I know why the sleves are getting short, it's the way your wife washes em, same as mine does my pants that make them tighter. Tha's my story and I'm stickin with it. ;)
Bill

submarinesailor

WH,

Is your wife giving mine lessons?  My belts keep getting too short also.

Bruce

woodsteach

All right so I like the long sleeves ;D, I hesitate on the big and tall b/c I don't really want dress shirts to wear in the woods, some one might get the wrong Idea :o

I try to get the Mrs. to use cold water wash.

Ok so why do the sleeves shrink and the rest of the shirt doesn't?   >:(

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

crtreedude

My solution was very simple - we moved to the tropics. No more problem because long sleeves would be silly down here.  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Kcwoodbutcher

Don't you have long sleeves on in your avatar? Figured it was to keep the bugs away.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Burlkraft

I git a new shirt and the first thing I do is hack the sleeves off......Problem solved...Until it gits to -18°   ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

I like long sleeved shirts because of the sun, but, I especially like "baseball" Shirts.  Least that's what we used to call them.  They were the cotton 'T' shirt with long tails and 3/4, or better, length sleeves.  With a washing or two the sleeves hit about 2/3 of the way between the elbow and wrist.   I love them, but can't find them.  The last one I had was a gold colored one that has appeared here on the forum.  It's ancient.

I wore these shirts as work shirts or fishing shirts without an overshirt.  But, generally wore them under a short sleeve sport shirts.  They help protect you from the sun, the wind, light abrasions, help soak up sweat and while keeping you cool, don't seem to get you hot.  I like'm  :)

SwampDonkey

I use long sleeves in the bush, even in the heat and cutting with a brush saw. You guys must have a tough hide that don't or your work environment is a lot easier on you.

I would look at where those shirts are coming from that you buy. 3" shrink, seems a lot to me for a good work shirt. Mine never shrink. Don't know what to tell ya.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

Try those logging shirts from Bailey's, the long sleeved ones. I need tall sizes too, but the ones from Baileys seem too long for me so I just get regulars now.

That's all I wear is long sleeve shirts, even in the summer. Between problems with the sun, brush, flies, and mosquitoes, I'd rather be hot and sweat than the alternatives.  :)

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 29, 2008, 04:28:43 PM
I git a new shirt and the first thing I do is hack the sleeves off......Problem solved...Until it gits to -18°   ;D  ;D  ;D

Steve, would it be easier to just buy short sleeved shirts?     ::)
Maybe that's why you have aged so much in the last year. The sun is getting to you.   :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

woodsteach

My latest Carharrt shirt made ??? not USA was a great dissapointment so thank you gary c I'll try the bailey's is that one of the stripped wild @$$ shirts or a different one.

You guys and the short sleeves... man I wear long sleeves 365 lets see... bugs, thorns, skin cancer, cold weather, bugs, yep long sleeves rule. 8)

I remember those baseball shirts back when I was a kid but haven't seen them since Tom.

Ok Steve I'll send you some of my too short long sleeves for you to hack off!!.

Thanks guys
woodsteach

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

paka

longtail plumber's Butt shirts from 'Duluth' please !                                                                                       Paka 
do't die with your music still in you!!!Paka

Gary_C

Ya, I think they are called Hickory Shirts. They were just on sale for Christmas.  ::)

I'm with you on the long sleeved shirts. I do have one good heavy short sleeved work shirt that I always wear with a long sleeved under shirt for protection.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DanG

Them long tailed plumber's shirts is called "Crack Spackle." :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!