iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Porch swing I made for my wife

Started by Dugsaws, May 26, 2003, 07:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugsaws

Heres my first attempt at value added to lumber sawned on my mill...
Doug

Tom

That's a neat swing, Doug.

I know a couple that make swings and are doing an encreasingly good business.  One of their designs is a small, one-child swing that looks like the grown-ups swing.

Mtnjack

Dug very nice job i will take one for my wife,send the bill.How is it going did that wood come out of the new kiln? Hows the cows? Hope to see you soon thought about you last week we were at a steam and engine show i think near you rt 40 the pike oldest highway in the us nice show thought i might see you there.Give the little ones a squeeze for me.Mtn Jack

Paul_H

That is a first rate swing.Your wife must be pleased with you and the mill.Milk it for all you can ;)

Are you planning on making more?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dugsaws

Yes it is oak, I am planning on making more, yes my wife was pleased ;)

The wood is not out of my kiln it is not running yet. I havent got anything done to it since last time I talked to you Jack. :(

yeah rt 40 was about 45 mins to an hour away if you were anywhere in Washington County.

Thanks for the comments ;D
Doug

Frank_Pender

That is a great swing, Doug. 8)  I am sure glade my wife does not come to this site.  I would surely be in trouble if she saw that swing.  I would have to build one.   :-/  Not only that, I would first have to build the poarch for the swing.  ;D Very nice job.  Did you design the swing yourself of borrow the plans?
Frank Pender

WV_hillbilly

That's a real nice looking swing there dugsaws. Isn' t it great to see something that you transformed from a log it to something you can use .  Keep up the good work as we all know it only takes one ahh S**t to wipe out quite a few atta boys .   :D
Hillbilly

RavioliKid

Great swing, Dug!

I think I am going to be doing some building in July/August, but I'll probably be using MDF, plywood and 2x4's. My classroom needs some different furniture, and I'm kind of getting tired of juggling the stuff I have around.

My classroom is huge, but oddly shaped. It is an old locker room, completed with a shower room that I use as a coatroom/storage room - with the plumbing removed, of course! The old soap dishes are still there, though.

I've got some ideas of what I want to build, but that would mean that I'd have to stay away from the computer for a while.  :(

RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!