iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 562 xp auto tune

Started by rick f, January 15, 2015, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

I bought a 562 xp back in sept. Since then I cut a house lot and a few logs. We started cutting firewood 3 weeks ago, 3 - 4 cord cut and split a day.

My question this baby loves fuel. I didn't even get a twitch cut today without running it dry. I cut 6 maple trees about 12" on the butt with a fare amount of limbs. My buddy cut a twitch (12) trees about the same size and limbed and sawed up on the yard for awhile before his 3-72 ran out of fuel. Both saws are new this fall.  Do you guys running them fine they are hard on fuel?

Thanks
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

HolmenTree

Mine is easier on fuel then any other saw I owned. It sounds like the carb needs work or the auto tune needs to be reprogrammed. I'd take it back to the dealer for a checkup ,hoping they have the equipment to do that with.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Maine logger88

Does it have the EL46 or EL48 carb? The EL48 seems to be a little harder on fuel
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

cbla

Quote from: HolmenTree on January 15, 2015, 10:48:44 PM
Mine is easier on fuel then any other saw I owned. It sounds like the carb needs work or the auto tune needs to be reprogrammed. I'd take it back to the dealer for a checkup ,hoping they have the equipment to do that with.
I will have to second that. a few Guys that I cut with are running Stihl MS 362 and they seem to fill up more than me.

rick f

I guess I will take it back and have it checked out at the dealer.

MLogger I have no idea what  carb it has , I'll have to look and see.

Thanks for the replys.
I was thinking I'd sell it and get a 372, but i'll work with it awhile longer.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

HiTech

When I first got my 562XP it was real hard on fuel. Then like someone turned on a light switch it changed. Now it seems to sip fuel. Haven't a clue as to why? Perhaps it is a break in period...who knows?

HolmenTree

Yes the micro processor does reset itself. The manual says when new and first run it has to be run WOT cutting in the wood for the 1st 5 minutes.
With mine I did that ripping a block of firewood standing on end with multiple cuts down the end grain for 5 minutes.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!