Sponsors:

Pitch!!!

Started by JRWoodchuck, May 30, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

Smitty's Supply, Inc. in Roseland, LA. 
Super S Spindle Cleaner  5 Gallon Pail
SUS124 / SUS.SPCLNR.1005.104
http://www.smittysinc.net/cotton-picker-spindle-cleaner/super-s-spindle-cleaner/
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

JRWoodchuck

Thanks Tom! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has issues with pitch. I had no idea cotton was sticky. But then again I live along ways from where cotton grows.  I think I discovered the issue on the Doug Fir with some help from a local sawyer. Heat! That log wasn't very pitchy and I was running the cut without any water or lube (because I was worried about saw dust absorbing it and swelling) and it was getting funky toward the end on the cut. Turned the water on full bore slowed up the cut a bit voila! Much much better. Hadn't considered heat to be a factor but there it was sitting in my face the whole time...
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

Chuck White

My biggest pitch issue ever, is when sawing standing dead pine!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!