iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fryeburg Fair Maine Woodsmens Day

Started by sprucebunny, August 16, 2004, 06:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Do any of you go to the Fryeburg Fair? They have logging, skidding, and trucking competitions.

Hopefully, this will be a link.

FryeburgFair
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Rick

Yes most of the people i know from South Eastern Ma go up there i haven't my self but im planing on it this year for sure i belive its the first week of October.Hopeing to stay in North Conway and ride my motorcycle over there Thank's Rick ::)

sprucebunny

October 3 to 10. Woodsmens day is usually very busy. I'm too short to say I've ever seen it but I did work on the gate one year and at least got to see the equipment.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Rick

Im in hope of coming up there i did the web shearch last year checked it out and then wasnt able to go did make it up to see the foliage.We used to have a Ma wood producers assocation does anyone know if that still is around they did a woodsmans show in the western part of ma. Thank's Rick[/color]

thecfarm

Yes,I go.Been at it for 10 years and more.The equipment is interesting to see.I like to watch the mech events the best.The chopping down of the "trees" with an axe is great to watch.They are timed and have to hit or come close to a stake they put into the ground.I don't really get into watching someone saw through a foot square piece of pine in 4-5 seconds with a crosscut.But it all is interesting to watch.Starts at 9:00 goes until around 3:00.Get there early for a seat.This is a real busy fair.Lots of old stuff to see.They have a working shingle mill,old wood spliter,they use oxens to plow a piece up,working kitchen,old logging films and more.Need more than one day to really see it all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

I LOVE to watch work being done.  

There must be a lot of people that like to watch work being done.  Many of them come out to our sawmill for no good reason I can tell.  They'll say.. "Don't stop..  We just wanted to watch y-all saw." :(  I'll say,  "Here,  Grab a slab.. I'll show you how much fun it is."
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!