iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Milled some cedar boards

Started by Theeck, August 07, 2018, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theeck

This was my first batch.  They came out pretty well in my opinion.  I cut some 1.5" to try to split them into two beveled siding boards.  We have a small bandsaw (not a mill) so we'll give it a try.  The rest I cut 1" thick.

=https://postimages.org/][/url]

[ur

l

leeroyjd

Looks good. Do you know you can make beveled siding with an Alaskan?
Yes, a lot of waste with the kerf, but if you have access to more logs might be worth looking into. Granberg site has details. Once you have a few cants of your width preference you put extra washers on the on/off guide, which gives you the bevel. At that point the milling actually goes pretty fast.

Theeck

I didn't know that.  Thanks for the info.  

Smithkp

Watch out!! I started off with an Alaskan and still 661. Now I have a WoodMizer and a Bobcat to move logs, and 2 trailers and already trying to figure out a kiln.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

SawyerTed

Nice lumber from the chainsaw mill!  It is a slippery slope, I'm looking at a sawmill truck now.....
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Theeck

Thanks guys.  It has been fun.  I like being able to make use out of the wood that I have.  I have been impressed by how well the chainsaw rips the boards.  I don't have enough need for wood to upgrade to a bandsaw mill yet but maybe eventually.  I am using a Husqvarna 372 XP with a 24" bar.  So far so good.

Thank You Sponsors!