iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

18.4x26 bear claws

Started by Solo33, January 20, 2016, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo33

How many rings should a pair of bear claws have on it for 18.4 26 tires?

Thanks fellas
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

Solo33

They have 9 rings each. That sound right?

ga jones

That's a broad question I think. It depends on manufacturer,thickness of the rings and chain, Multi ring standard ring farmtrac. If your cheap and build your own from used sets like some guys I know about 4.🤑
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

grassfed

My ring chains have 10 rings on 18.4x26 tires. They are VERY heavy duty and they have huge caulks. I got mine at Eddie Nash in 2006 or 2007.
Mike

BargeMonkey

I've got the 5/8 close rings, I think they are 8 rings, 7 on regular paws. Bought mine from TCR 2yrs ago and have nothing but good to say about them.

Solo33

Yeah sorry about the broadness..thanks for the info

HiTech

I have heavy bear paws,  18.4 x 26 and there are 10 rings on mine. They are 9" rings. I believe 12 rings will fit an 18.4 x 34 tire. The front are Trygg not sure what the back are. They are 5/8" chain. These are normal spacing not the tight ring.

HiTech

The back chains were for 18.4 x 34 tires and two rings were cut out of each chain to fit the 18.4 x 26 tires.

tj240

all chains are built for new tires. i dont know the number, that depends if you get multi, ring or standard. multi ring there is a small gap not a big one.  i have multi ring 5/8 on 23.1 26, same size as 18.4 - 34. been on 5 years need new ones now. will be going with 3/4 multi  ring from comstock.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Thank You Sponsors!