iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now I remember.

Started by bama20a, September 12, 2013, 08:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

Remember why I don't go to the doctor. I havn't been in 15 years due to being sick,Although I've been because of accidents over the years.
Anyway Mon-I had to come in because of pain between my shoulder's -Light headed & weak.
Went to the Dr tuesday,since then I've seen 3 Dr's took a stress test yesterday. :(
Guess what? I've still got the pain,Light headed,& weak. ::)
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Magicman

Sounds to me that you have the very elusive "pain between my shoulder's -Light headed & weak" syndrome.

Take two aspirin, get a good night's rest, and oh yeah, sent me $150.   :D

But seriously, I really do hope that the pain goes away.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bama20a

Quote from: Magicman on September 12, 2013, 08:47:24 AM
Sounds to me that you have the very elusive "pain between my shoulder's -Light headed & weak" syndrome.

Take two aspirin, get a good night's rest, and oh yeah, sent me $150.   :D

But seriously, I really do hope that the pain goes away.   :)
:D :D :D,Thanks you sound like Doctor # 2,,,,,,

thecfarm

It's better to find out what ails you than give a few pills to mask the problem.Yes.it does take TIME and MONEY and aggravation too. Maybe nothing much,but............. Better to catch it early than let it go. A good Doctor helps too.Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grweldon

Bama,

One thing you will certainly notice as a direct result of your visits to the medical professionals is the resulting reduced weight of your wallet!  I feel for you.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

bama20a

Just a little update on my," Pain between my shoulder's-Light head & weak" syndrome.
I've still got all 3, Have not heard a thing about the stress test,
Wifes called the Dr,Office & can't find out anything,Said I could go to the ER,
Sounds to me like they are riding my Ins-Co.
I sure need to get back to work,

drobertson

Not discounting the MD's but have you considered a chiropractor?  you could have a pinched nerve, maybe?
hope you get to feeling better soon,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ST Ranch

I agree with David -you might think about a chiro or even a sports message therapist. Usually both are far cheaper than the doctor and yes it may take 2-3 visits to get some results, but it is well worth it.
I go to a chiro abot every 6 weeks or so, yes it costs $40 buck a treatment, and do my own streches [back and shoulders], but without both, I would not work a day.  TOm
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

thecfarm

Sounds like you need a diffeant Doctor too. The wife's Doctor moved and she went to another one. Had ALOT of pain that was coming and going. She went to one,said it was her heart,stress test and all that good stuff. Nothing,he dropped the ball and she dropped him.  :D  She went to another one and just about the first thing she asked,did he check your gallbladder? That Doctor was shocked he did not. That was it,full of stones,what a mess. She could've died. But was not the classic symptoms either,it was coming and going. Not much longer than a few minutes each time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

To add a voice from the "doctor" side, pain between the shoulder blades and light headedness can be the result of cardiac ischemia, meaning, your ticker might not be getting enough blood to enjoy beating along like it used to.  Definitely get this checked out.  A more responsive MD wouldn't hurt you a bit, either.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

bama20a

Thanks fellows for the come back's,
I did get in touch with the Dr today,(After SEVERAL CALLS) ::)They said the test did show some blockage,I'm going in the morning for some blood work & then in the hosp- for more test. Mark,,,,

WmFritz

Glad to see your getting ahead of your condition. Sounds like your timing to see your MD was pretty good.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Thanks for the update Mark and it is good to hear that a proper diagnosis is in your future.   Please keep us updated when you can.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: bama20a on September 16, 2013, 06:56:27 PM
Thanks fellows for the come back's,
I did get in touch with the Dr today,(After SEVERAL CALLS) ::)They said the test did show some blockage,I'm going in the morning for some blood work & then in the hosp- for more test. Mark,,,,

If they see blockage I bet you end up with some stents. If that's the case it's a easy fix. Hardest part is laying completely still for a couple hours when you wake up.
Good Luck
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

bama20a

Yep Bill that is what they are talking about (stents) just got back from the blood works,now waiting for the hosp- to call.

Raider Bill

I had it done a couple years ago. Piece of cake, in and out the same day.  ;)

doctorb

Bill-

Are you confusing cardiac stents with a colonoscopy? ;)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

Quote from: doctorb on September 17, 2013, 04:02:10 PM
Bill-

Are you confusing cardiac stents with a colonoscopy? ;)

Nope butt both same day service :D

For the stents I showed up at 5am and was home remote in hand by 3pm. That included all the wait around time. It was a regular assembly line.
Hardest part was laying still after I woke up for 3-4 hours with a 5 lb sand bag on the groin area where they go in.
I walked out with only a drop of super glue couple stents and a small round band-aide. I still have never seen the incision because it was so small.

goose63

praying for ya Mark hope every thing is gona be ok 8) :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

bama20a

Thanks for the kind words & prayer's from each & everyone one of ya'll.
Went yesterday for the test,said I have some blockage,But not enough for stents,except one,& it was right on the boarder line as far as % go.It was also in a place as he said you couldn't put a stent,In a "y" put me on med- to help desolve it.
So I've still got the pain-between my sholder, light headed, & weak sydrone. :(
P.S. Now I'm going to have to send Magicman another $150. Mark,,,,,

thecfarm

Magicman got a racket going on there.  :D   That may not be causing the pain-between your shoulder, light headed, & weak syndrome,but it's good you caught that.  Don't give up on it. On to the next cure. It may take a while. Maybe it's best to have Magicman do a paypal account.  :D

Magicman

Mark,  All joking aside, watch for any further warning signs.

Farmerjw

Quote from: bama20a on September 14, 2013, 09:01:44 AM
Just a little update on my," Pain between my shoulder's-Light head & weak" syndrome.
I've still got all 3, Have not heard a thing about the stress test,
Wifes called the Dr,Office & can't find out anything,Said I could go to the ER,
Sounds to me like they are riding my Ins-Co.
I sure need to get back to work,

Can't believe you guys missed this easy diagnosis.  Wifes.  Wifes??? He has more than one???  One is certainly enough for me!  Bama is living life in the danger zone with more than one!
Bama, glad to hear they might be on the right track.  Mine was from my cholesterol meds (statins) and once the heart doctor took me off of them and changed my blood pressure meds, I got back to feeling like I had some energy to do something.   Good luck.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Thank You Sponsors!