iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1980 timberjack forwarder

Started by whitefrost, November 15, 2015, 08:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitefrost

I have a 1980 timberjack 4 cord forwarder(I think its a 1980) just wondering where is the best place to find a serial number to order a new service manual...thanks Jeff

bushmechanic

The serial number plate is found on the front frame above the step on the left side where you access the cab.

Oliver05262

As bushmechanic says, on the older skidders, it is located by your right ankle when you sit in the seat. Last one I worked on, the tag was missing, but the serial number was stamped in the side near where the nubs from the s/n plate were. You might have to scratch off some paint to see it.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BargeMonkey

Mine is in the cab, sitting in the seat facing forward look up, and to your right. Mines an 87.

whitefrost

thanks..i will let you know if I found it...also got my driveshafts all lined up thanks to you guys on this forum...really helps to make an old machine that much better

whitefrost

my batteries are on the left side just at top of steps...do I need to remove the battery cover first to find number?

Oliver05262

I guess my reply doesn't always apply; this morning I looked at a TJ 360 for a repair job and the serial number plate "used to be" on the back side of the front frame, left side. Someone had scratched in some numbers on the side of the platform next to where you get in. Possibly the serial number ??

Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!