iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've had a pretty good few weeks...

Started by Dan_Shade, April 25, 2005, 07:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I had Lasik done to my eyes on April 11th, having no glasses anymore is pretty wierd, but I like it.  just gotta get good safety glasses now that don't give me a headache...

I bought a house at the end of December, but the people's new house wasn't done, so I rented it to them for a while, I got to move into it on Apr 15

and Yesterday, I picked up a dog from a lady who had been holding it for me for a rescue group she works with, his name is Tony, I'd like to rename him, but I'm drawing a blank.  He's headstrong, but he comes when called, not good at much else yet, though...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sprucebunny

Hey Dan...Congrats on the house and the lasik ...both take courage and faith. ;D

I have some experience at renaming dogs. If he knows Tony then something that sounds like it would be good....Best I can do is Ebony. You could call him Bony. At least it's a wood.
I've had a dog named Teak : she came with no name and have changed Chelsea to Elsie. Imagine naming a dog Chelsea ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Dan_Shade

the lasik more so than the house, you can always undo a house purchase (at least around here...)

i was really apprehensive about the lasik, but I talked to a few doctors and i decided to roll the dice, if you're in that .3%, it wouldn't be much fun... but I think i'm a lucky one (so far).

if I rename him, i'll call him by both names for a while.

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tom

I've always liked Biblical names for dogs and cats.  If that were my dog, I might name him Ham.  Ham was a son of Noah and was described as being burnt, swarthy, black.   Ham was the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut, and Canaan.  The first three being good options but Cush I like best.  :D  ....Phut runs it a close second though. :D :D

If I was feeling really strange, I'd name him Spot or speckles.  :D :D

etat

Here's the way I see it.  If the dog's smart, and he looks like he is he'll take to a new name pretty quick.  Me, I ain't ever been in a hurry to name a animal.  It just always seemed after keeping em for a while for some reason or another sooner or later a name would come that just seemed to fit.  :D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Teri

Dan_Shade

Rockn H

Glad to hear the surgery came out okay.                                                    Had a Black and Tan one time that favored him.  I named him Black Jack.
A friend of mine had the same problem you do he finally decided on J.D.
Just Dog ::) ;D ;D

Paschale

Quote from: Rockn H on April 25, 2005, 10:42:54 PM
he finally decided on J.D.
Just Dog ::) ;D ;D

:D :D :D

Glad to hear you're having a good week.  I bought my first house a couple of years ago, and it's really made a huge difference in my life.  It's nice to finally feel like I've got roots, and with a new dog, you're definitely settling down!  Now it's just time to find yourself a good woman... ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Patty

Congratulations on the surgery, the house and the dog. All three are milestones.  :)

You guys remind me of my younger son. He bought his first house last summer, and this week he bought a new puppy. She (the pup) is a yellow lab, cute as can be. This is the biggest commitment my son has ever made to a girl!  ::)

I keep telling myself, one step at a time, and then someday I'll have grandkids! 8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Larry

Your new dog may be related to my dog, Max.  Sounds like both came from the same place.  Max can clean off a coffee table with one quick swish of his tale.  Looks like your dog may be able to do the same thing. ;D :D ;D

Max and his little buddy, Tucker.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Doc

I dunno nothing about changing his name, but he looks like a good looking dog.

A good dog is hard to beat. they are fun, loyal, and caring. I am going to miss my old dog when he passes. He is getting very old and starting to show it. I just know it won't be long and he will leave me. I doubt I will soon get another.

A friend had the lasik done a few years back. Went from wearing coke bottle bottoms to fairly thin lenses. He said it was the single best thing he ever did, and enjoys it when he can go without glasses (anything that doesn't require reading). I have to admit it is easier on me now that he can see!

You are heading in all the right directions. Keep the momentum going!

Doc

Bro. Noble

We just call all our dogs 'Dog'-------sometimes modifying that with black  or old or brown just to distinguish between them.

We call all our cats  ' Cat' except for our sawmill cat and it's called 'Tom's Cat' cause my son Tom tolerates it ;D

Now this is gonna surprise you,  We name all our cows,  but not 'Cow' :o--------They are all called 'Stoopid' :D :D

When Becky and Perry visited and Becky was putting the milkers on a cow,  I told her it's name was 'Killer'  :D :D :D,  but I was just funning her.  The cows real name was 'Stoopid' ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

Yup...  here's a link to a picture of that killer cow.

Noble had his Mom and Becky milking the cows while he and I were taking
a tour of the vintage machinery.  :)
Since it was in Missouri,  it was kinda like that Tom Sawyer and whitewashing the fence story  :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

pigman

whitepe, It won't let me see the killer cow :(.  Something about me not being the owner. Not sure if it ment the cow or the album. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

whitepe

Pigman,
thanks for the heads up...  It was the owner of the album.
I fixed it with the public link.  at least I think I fixed it.   ;D
I still think Noble owns the cow unless he sold it.   :D
I am not sure that anyone would buy a cow named Stoopid though.

Bro. Noble

Just after I sell those cows,  the new owner changes their name to 'Big Mac' :D :D :D

whitepe

I thought Big Macs came from Australia   ;D

pigman

She shore is good looking and old stoopid didn't look bad either ;). Of course all I could see of Stoopid was the working part. :)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bro. Noble

You guys that have bought your first house and acquired a dog may want to consider one of those good looking milkmaids for your next step.  Those gals that were raised on a dairy farm know what work and responsibility is all about.  I was chosen by a school marm and I would also reccomend one of those for a possible mate ;D

whitepe

She's a pretty good sawyer's helper too. Although she doesn't have the biceps
that Mrs.  Electric Al has though.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!