iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what kind of mask are you all wearing?

Started by doc henderson, April 24, 2020, 12:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

If the main reason most of us are required to wear a mask in public areas is to reduce how far a cough or sneeze throws droplets then I would think that any cloth or paper mask that covers the mouth and nose should be adequate. If you are trying to protect yourself from others and you are getting up close to them then you need to think of fit and sealing and multiple layers. I see quite a few people with a bandana tied behind their head with the bottom hanging loose. I still haven't seen a good option for smoking a cigar while wearing a mask but I'm looking. :D  
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

I have come real close to taking a drink of coffee or pop through the mask.  like hitting a log stop, it will eventually happen :D.  I think coughing into a mask that you are wearing makes more sense, than the "magic elbow"  ect.  all kinds of info, most of which keeps changing.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bill

Following up on Peakbaggers reply I will take one of the spare new p95 particulate filters and " fit " it to the exhaust - which would normally go thru a plain rubber/plastic unfiltered one way valve to the atomosphere . Kinda like a " press fit " oughta work and seal it good and in keeping with my belt and suspenders thinking . I did fiddle around with that valve to make sure nothing came in when it wasn't supposed to  . . . 

I have a second mask ( maybe a decade older than the 25 yr old one ) that is just the organic ( charcoal filters ) used lightly but no parts available. However the exhaust is the same as the first so I can add a " press fit " spare new p95 particulate filter to it.

Then they take turns allowing day(s ) to lapse as I alternate them and they come off pretty quick once on the way home . 

Thank You Sponsors!