iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Quote Functions

Started by testaccount, February 17, 2018, 03:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testaccount

I'm going to make a video tutorial real quick to demonstrate some of the new quote functions. They are pretty cool! Stay tuned!

testaccount

As promised! Now back to my alter-ego :D

Tutorial on Selection Quoting
sentence or selection quoting - YouTube

Tutorial on Multi Quoting
multi quote function - YouTube

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Grizzly

Yep. Should save a bunch of editing. Thanks.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ljohnsaw

I accidentally ran across this function when I inadvertently highlighted some text.  Fantastic time saver!  8) Thanks Jeff.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I will have to try it out. Thank you!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Banjo picker

testaccount that sure does look like Jeffs truck in your gallery. :D  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

Quote from: testaccount on February 17, 2018, 03:32:39 PM
I'm going to make a video tutorial real quick to demonstrate some of the new quote functions. They are pretty cool! Stay tuned!

I need to quote my alter ego's post so he gets an alert, so I can do a short video explain some of those functions and settings.

Chuck White

I like it!

Makes things a little easier!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Banjo picker

I like it too.  And if I can do it anybody should be able to.  I could be the poster child for hard headed when it comes to tech stuff.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Southside

High speed, low drag- thanks testaccount. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

PA_Walnut

That spins my propellor cap! Very cool...and convenient.
THanks! 8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

terrifictimbersllc

What's the "Add Multi-quote" for?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Kbeitz

I tried the new quote thing out today. I highlighted what I wanted to quote and moved down and typed what I wanted to say and posted it. The quote box came out empty with no words in it. What did I do wrong? Last message in this post.

This is the words I tried to quote.

Surplus surplus sales the 1-7/16 bore pulleys and pillow block bearings, but they don't sale the shaft that size. They sale it 1-1/2" with keyway. Can I have a machine shop turn down a 1-1/2" shaft to 1-7/16? Would this be a problem?

This is the message it happened in.

Back at the homemade sawmill in Sawmills and Milling
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

Am guessing that you highlighted the desired text, then hit the usual Quote button in the upper right.   To me it looks like that Quote button does the same thing it did before, not the new thing you were expecting it to do. 

Instead, for the new function, it looks to me like one is supposed to highlight the desired text then hit the
" Quote Selection" button that pops up right on top of the highlighted text.     
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

This is a tutorial on multi quote.  Different than the selection quote. Kbeitz, watch the videos. Its impossible to answer your question on what did you do wrong unless I was there.

multi quote function - YouTube

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 18, 2018, 09:00:02 AMThis is the words I tried to quote.

I selected your words above, then clicked the popup "Quote Selection".  Then I typed these 2 sentences and posted.

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 18, 2018, 09:27:44 AMI selected your words above, then clicked the popup "Quote Selection".  Then I typed these 2 sentences and posted.
And again...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kbeitz

Sometimes it's just not taking... Guess I'll need to do a preview each time.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!