iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HELP!! Can't Find This Yoke ANYWHERE!! 1 3/8" 6 Spline 4C

Started by Sean Keys, February 19, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Keys

I have made a seeming endless number of phone calls and loads of emails from east to west coast yet some how this yoke still evades me. It's for my Pettibone log skidder with a Gearmatic 9 winch. I need the 1 3/8" 6 spline 4c yoke that goes on the winch. Everywhere I call  and everyone I talk cant even find a part number for such a thing? Where should I look? Anyone on here have one? I found 1 drive-line shop that might be able to get one but they aren't sure and still don't know. Anyone know anyone with lot of older parts to try giving a call or sending an email? Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Attached is a picture from this forum that is my only proof such a yoke exists. 

nativewolf

Where are you?  If you have Mennonites around I bet they'd machine something up for you.   Anyway, something to ask.  We had some yoke/universal issues and they fixed us up but that was for an ag tractor but it was unusual.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Have grob inc make one for you.  Only other thing i can say is that pettibone planetaries end up in monster trucks.  SO that means the crowd that might have that stuff is on pirate4x4, monstermayhem and trucksgonewild. 

It looks like the yokes under a clark michigan or hough loader.  Dont know if theyre coarse ag spline pinions or not though.

Delks equipment up near jamestown tn is a forestry equipment wrecker.  Might try him
Praise The Lord

bushmechanic

Did you check Spicer? They have the best catalogs with everything shown in measurements, styles of yokes, number of splines, etc.

mike_belben

Try fortwayne clutch and driveline they seem to have a lot of industrial C flange yokes with industrial spline

Here are blanks you could have broached or EDM'd.. Or weld on an AG bushing to the end then shorten driveshaft.  I couldnt find a 1-3/8 6 spline.
Weld Yokes - Prop Shaft Supply

Praise The Lord

quilbilly

I second the off-road 4x4 route. We got ours for a Clark done at a shop that specializes in 4x4 custom gear.
a man is strongest on his knees

maple flats

Have you tried Universal Joint Sales?   (315) 475-7241^^(800) 724-0593 / +1-(315) 475-7241^^(800) 724-0593,Local at 805 Spencer St, Syracuse, NY
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

pinefeller

for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Plankton

That picture is mine from my clark with a gearmatic 19 winch, on the winch side any similar skidder with that winch should have that yoke. Know of any equipment boneyard or such near you? Shouldn't be hard to find there's a ton of gearmatic winches out there. If it's broken you could always weld it up or bring it to a machine shop and have them make you one.

I can check In my parts manual tommorow to see if It has a part number if that would help.

just farming

I needed a winch yoke for my Franklin, I was able to find one but refused to pay the price. Being a machinist by trade I made it. I have a good selection of good machines where I work. I was going to burn the splines on a wire EDM but found a 1-3/8 10 splined coupling. The coupling was an Ebay purchase for around $50.00 and it made the rest of the yoke a piece of cake. Did a line to line fit on the to match the splined coupling. Put the yoke in the machine to get the proper length and TIG it in and good to go. I used CNC machines to make mine but it could be easily made on a manual lathe and mill.
Cat 311
JD 550G
ASV RC50
Mack Superliner RW613 Dump
Kubota M9000 4X4
Kubota L3430 4X4
Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 87 4X4

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

just farming

In the machining world your biggest limitation is your imagination. 
Cat 311
JD 550G
ASV RC50
Mack Superliner RW613 Dump
Kubota M9000 4X4
Kubota L3430 4X4
Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 87 4X4

Neilo

Why not use an agricultural 1 3/8" 6 spline and swap out the end caps on the universal joint? Probably have to machine the outside of the ag yoke to fit the winch seal diameter.

Satamax

Sean, pretty sure i have seen something like this,  searching for Rockwell t-226 yokes.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

JesseA

Harolds logging in hampden maine has oddball stuff like that kicking around. 

Satamax

Hey hey hey! 

Daft me! 

If it's not spicer wing series, it's dang close! 

Spicer Wing SeriesĀ® Products - Driveshaft | Spicer Parts

You can say thanks to Mike Belben for sending to this track before.

End Yokes - Prop Shaft Supply

Satamax

Thank You Sponsors!