iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heat

Started by Bruno of NH, July 02, 2018, 03:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

I had to cut some trees on Wed, it was super hot.  I packed 3 extra shirts in the cooler!  Worked great, plenty of water AND a nice cool t-shirt!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

petefrom bearswamp

OMG high of 73 today with a nice breeze.
Cant wait for the next heat wave.
Still only sawed 4 or 5 logs tho.
Gettin too old.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

We only reached 76° here today, with a nice breeze coming out of the North!

Sawed around 40 Red Pine logs today for 1722 bf!

Hadn't done any sawing for the last four days or so, wasn't about to in that 96° weather!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

laundry on ice. That's new to me.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Did firewood on Friday after the rain had a nice breeze  :)
Milled this morning and waited on customers. It was a beautiful morning.
I close at noon on Saturdays the wife needs some peace.
I will go out in the pit and work on firewood orders.
I'm behind
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Koryd78

I grew up in Eastern Montana where the daytime highs would reach the triple digits for weeks on end. But Now that I've been in Alaska for 12 years, I feel like I'm gonna melt if it hits 75! Lol!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Koryd78!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Koryd78

Thank You Chuck White, I look forward to gaining and sharing knowledge with everyone! 

WDH

Yesterday was a see-the-bear-day.  I did catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wesdor

Had a customer bring logs over Wednesday - temp was high 90s with 90% humidity. My MANUAL LT15 is inside a metal building and even with both overhead doors open it was HOT.  Took only about 2 hours but I'm ready to wait for cooler weather.  

Have logs waiting to be cut and split for firewood but thankfully this year's is already put away.  

I'm getting too old to fight the heat. 

coxy

im ready for winter this heat is bs and im sick of going to work in the dark and coming home by noon and this nap thing is becoming a bad habit ;D 

IMERC

Quote from: coxy on July 14, 2018, 02:18:47 PMthis nap thing is becoming a bad habit

lot to be said in favor of some ''bad habits''....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Gary_C

Quote from: WDH on July 02, 2018, 08:47:45 PM
Been just plain awful around here.  Just plain awful :).
I would look for a piece of that glacier we have here but it would be of no use. I think we have an export ban on glacier parts.  ;D

We do have a surplus of water if you're near the Mississippi but I would not advise drinking that water cause you know what every big city between here and the gulf puts in the water.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

moodnacreek

Anybody work on the down wind side of a high stickered stack of green lumber? It's pretty cool.

Thank You Sponsors!