iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the wood shed

Started by rubberfish, February 11, 2019, 08:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubberfish

When I've tried to click on links that have been moved some are in a wood shed. How do I access this?
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

newoodguy78

You don't want to go there  ;)

That's where all inappropriate posts/replies go...

WDH

It is the Prison where the inappropriate posts or posts that violate the rules go forever.  You cannot go in there. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rubberfish

Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

ellmoe

Quote from: WDH on February 11, 2019, 08:51:34 PM
It is the Prison where the inappropriate posts or posts that violate the rules go forever.  You cannot go in there.  

Like they said in the song, you can go there, but " you can never leave "!  ;D

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

You can be taken around back of the wood shed for a talking to but only once.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can get a message to somebody in the Wood Shed if you need me to.
I keep up all the yard work. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

Oh, you meant the other one. Ooops. Don't want to be going there (again). I still have nightmares from the last time. :-[ electricuted-smiley
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Pulphook

What's this "Wood Shed" thing. Sounds like Iran, China, Russia putting people away for what they think or say.
This is not real....or is it ? :-[
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

WV Sawmiller

PH,

This is a private forum and we are guests and allowed to participate as long as we comply with the guidelines which are set up to be sure it is a family friendly (I.e clean in language and content) and respectful of others feelings and views. If you note people here, while there may be some friendly ribbing of each other, are generally very respectful and polite to each other. The admins work hard and do a great job keeping it that way. In some cases a topic or comment may slip through, accidentally or by design, which is rude, disrespectful or otherwise unkind to one or more members. In that case that comment or sometimes the whole thread is removed and hence the woodshed. The member is politely or sometimes more firmly, depending upon the severity of the violation, warned and hopefully the issue is resolved without further action required. Remember this is a private site and we are guests in this home and it is reasonable, IMHO, that we respect those requests and rules.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ianab

Any Forum gets it's share of Spammers / Trolls / Idiots.  So any (Decent) Forum will be moderated to some extent, otherwise it turns into a cesspit.  You can discuss the level of moderation, but in the end it's Jeff's Forum, so he sets the expected standard, and that's "family friendly". If you wouldn't let your kids or Mother read it, don't post it. 

The "Woodshed" exists because it leaves a record of what was originally posted, then the moderators can see the whole story of any "kerfuffle", and the reason why a post was removed etc. Otherwise your average internet Troll will try and deny they posted anything against the rules, and claim they are being picked on. Umm, nope, the Admins can still see your original post, and why it was binned. 

BTW, the last Woodshed moves I did was a "Free Woodworking Plans " spammer. I'm sure you are familiar with them. You wont be sent to the Woodshed because your mill is the wrong colour or anything, and you can disagree with others opinions, as long as you do it respectfully. 

But if I typed out my true feelings about spammers, I'd have to send myself to the Woodshed.  :D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

I am a mod on another forum, not forestry related so relax ;D, and have to constantly stay on top of the nonsense. Mostly it is spammers who are easy to deal with but occasionally have to mediate and sometimes put a lid on members who forget their manners. I don't have a woodshed to send them to but if friendly warnings are ignored yer outta here. Have not had to resort to that yet being the operative word.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!