iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Does The "Alert" Mean

Started by Pulphook, February 13, 2019, 07:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulphook

Can someone explain what this alert is ? Just got "Here are your alerts. Admin can't see them but can prune 'em " this is the message box.
Have I been bad ? About to be censored ? What ?
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

WV Sawmiller

Alert for me typically means I got a message in my inbox or that someone replied to a comment I had made in a thread. I think if you click the cloud next to it you will be directly opened to the applicable thread. Not good, not bad just a generic message IMHO.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

lxskllr

I got one too, and then it disappeared. No details. I figured if it was important enough, I'd hear about it. Otherwise, I assume a button got fat fingered or something  :^D

Jeff

Apparently the alert function that I tried to use malfunctioned. I was trying to send an alert for everyone to look at the topic about the Coleman Veterans Memorial, so since it didn't work, lets try this. Please check out the topic about the Coleman Veterans Memorial :D

HELP THE COLEMAN VETERANS MEMORIAL
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gearbox

A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

lxskllr

Not sure how the software here works, but with some you can administer an infraction. For the infraction text, you could point out the charity drive. Might be a way to get it done. I just got a warning triangle with an exclamation point inside, but no text.

Pulphook

Jeff:
Like most we are funds limited ( no heiress in this home ). Our donations and volunteer efforts stick to more local needs.
At Home Downeast- driving elderly stay-at-home people to shop, med appointments, social. No remuneration.
Bugles Across America ( check out this 501.c3 )- sounding live Taps at Honor Guard burials and memorials for deceased Vets. Never any fee.
County Hospice.
Firewood for those who can't afford to buy CSD.
And so on.....
You're doing good, keep it up.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

Jeff

I apologize for the alert. It was supposed to send a link to a topic I wanted everyone to see. For some reason the link did not work. Please do not feel it was pressure to do something. It was not intended to be meant that way at all.

Southside

Jeff -

Please don't apologize for the alert, so what the technology didn't do what you expected it to - as a society we have become so expectant of things to be perfect and instant that is it scary - the cause is very worthwhile and you have a legitimate time constraint there along with a good reason to bring it to everybodys attention.  I am pretty sure there is not an active member on here who would judge anyone else based on their financial means.  

You were not asking for yourself, you were asking for others who have served and made it possible for the members to be here and enjoy the Forum, something we must never forget, and that is honorable.  Carry-on and don't back down.    
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

maple flats

Not much, but I just gave what we could. We generally give more to Disabled Vets, the Salvation Army and cancer causes (my wife and I are both cancer survivors) than any other causes.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

Jeff

While I am very very thankful to those that chose to help out with my original request, I find it ironic that I am getting far more response to a failed message trying to alert other to the original cause. Out of over 35,000 members registered and 1200 different members that visited the index page where the news headline is, we have had only around 30 members respond to a call to action for something that is very near and dear to Tammy and I.  I am still fielding answers to questions this morning about why they would get an alert for me, while none to the reason for the attempt to alert them.

Old Greenhorn

It's human nature Jeff, that's the only explanation I can give. I know it's not the answer you want, but take heart there are those here who stepped right up to pitch in. I'll bet there are many more who did that also, but never made mention of it here. You will see when you get the reports. I hope you are surprised. There's a good bunch here. Not everyone is in a position to give, some are not interested as is their right. All anyone can do is try, and you have more than done that, for sure.

Last night I proctored an EMT practical exam. I had a partner who is an Afgan Veteran. Between candidates, we had a bit of chat time. We were of course discussing past ugly calls as EMT's often do. He lifted his shirt and showed me a 5" scar across his lower left abdomen then told me the short version of how his forward observer recon squad was ambushed and an RPG opened up his belly. His crew shoved the guts back inside, stapled him up (while under fire) and had him on bi-lateral IV's while they carried him 10 klicks back to a safe LZ for transport. He lost 3 pints of blood, and of course went septic, never should have survived, spent 3 months in Germany recovering and having surgeries. Now he is an EMT in his 'spare time'. Imagine that. How can you not respect that. These are the folks I think of when somebody asks for my help. You know what my answer always is, regardless of my own situation.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

lxskllr

Quote from: Jeff on February 15, 2019, 08:09:35 AM
While I am very very thankful to those that chose to help out with my original request, I find it ironic that I am getting far more response to a failed message trying to alert other to the original cause. Out of over 35,000 members registered and 1200 different members that visited the index page where the news headline is, we have had only around 30 members respond to a call to action for something that is very near and dear to Tammy and I.  I am still fielding answers to questions this morning about why they would get an alert for me, while none to the reason for the attempt to alert them.
The failed message was a mystery, and the pledge drive is trivially understood. No need to further understand the known.

Thank You Sponsors!