iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cure for sheep chasin dog (NOT SSS)

Started by james, July 03, 2005, 09:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

heard a handi-capped girl living next to a friend sheep country got a pup from the pound and it thot sheep would be fun to chase aan old basque shepherd rather than sss with the pup since he knew and pittied the girl tried tying the pup to a old, obnoxious ram with a 15 ft piece of clothes line the ram ran about ten ft then decided to spend the next fifteen minutes playing paddle ball with the dog as the ball :o :o :o now  if you show the dog a piece of flece he hides under the bed ;) ;)
best part is problem solved and the girl didn't loose her pet 8) 8)
james

Jeff

My dad always saind the cure for curing a dog of running deer was to put them in a fiftyfive gallon drum with a deer hide and roll em down a big hill. He said the dog thinks the deer was kicking the crap out of him and would never chase a deer again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ernie

James

What a great idea, I've had to shoot two of our dogs  in the last 25 years for worrying sheep, I wish I'd heard of this sooner, I hate shooting dogs, cats -- no problem but dogs :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawguy21

Kind of rough on the dog. Sure glad I did not have to watch or listen..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

slowzuki

I read somewhere about tying a pups front paw to the opposite back one when they are young so they can't gallop or whatever the legs together gait is after sheep.  They learn to fast walk and be stealthy to corner the sheep then.

No clue if it works, it was a sheep dog training thing.

woodbowl

So how do you get rid of cats without putting them down, giving them away, giving them the treatment, taking them off and dumping them on the neighbor or moving away from your own house? :D :D :DI realize this looks like a trick question but please try to give me a humane answer. ;D ;D ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

beenthere

'Humane' for who?  The cat or you?

I think shooting is 'humane' but others don't. Some don't even think a lethal injection is 'humane'.  I do.

I think it is what you can handle. But sometimes, IMO, there is a large gray area that is different for everyone.

It's the end result, that one wants to accomplish, that will indicate what one has to do.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Patty

Hauling them out and dumping them in the country is not humane. They often starve to death, or folks like us have to end up shooting them  >:(

Shoot 'em in the head, they feel no pain.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Rockn H

Quote from: Jeff B on July 03, 2005, 04:24:37 PM
My dad always saind the cure for curing a dog of running deer was to put them in a fiftyfive gallon drum with a deer hide and roll em down a big hill. He said the dog thinks the deer was kicking the crap out of him and would never chase a deer again.

A friend of mine uses beagles to rabbit hunt.  He has an old washing machine turned on it's side that he puts the beagle and an old deer hide in , if he has problems with the dog.   He says in 20 years he has almost had to do one twice.  Almost. :D :D :D

whitepine

Had a great dog that  took a lamb and I took duct tape and taped the lamb to the dogs neck and for three days all I said to him was bad dog bad dog at the end of three days I removed the taped carcass and the dog would  avoid even looking at sheep. Ruff on dog and me but he lived another 10 years never had a problem I would do it again if needed.

jon12345

There used to be a guy here with a pet deer, he'd let people bring their dogs up and put em in a box stall with that deer for a few minutes,  and lets just say......problem solved.
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Patty

Whitepine, we tried that with a beagle we had. The beagle loved to kill chickens  >:( so we took a dead one and tied it to its neck for a few days. The DanG dog ended up eating the carcass chunks as they fell off. It was pretty disgusting. I really thought it would work, and for most dogs I think it would have...this beagle was just special  ::) I guess.  :D :D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

beenthere

Patty
Apparently didn't work for the horse Becky either  :) Or do the chickens avoid her nowadays?  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Patty

I pretty much gave up on the carcass around the neck idea after that stupid beagle episode.  ::)  We have had a transformation on our farm about chicken killing. After the shotgun came out, both Becky & Clole decided maybe they better behave themselves for awhile.  :-X I have the new hens penned up, and the old hens are on their own. No I didn't behead them afterall....decided it was more work than I wanted to do for a bunch of old hens.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!