iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

A bit better today. Almost 90°, but only 33% humidity, and a nice breeze. Drove a splitting wedge into my fallen oak, attached my handcranked grinder, and touched up my felling wedges. Didn't get them perfect, but they're squared off aside from a couple bad ones, and sharpened. Been wanting to do that for awhile. Too hot for tree work, so I'm getting some related busy work in as I think of it. Made up a couple loops of chain yesterday, and organized my cutting bag. Only four months to go...

gspren

HOT, we are at the Delaware beach house but it's hot at either house.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WDH

100° today.  Humidity will suffocate you.  Really bad. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Looks like summer is here. ;D  Don't care for the mid 80's temps,but better than 60,cloudy and rain. That's how it was just about the whole month of June.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

95° here and doing outdoor projects.  poured concrete around the new flagpole sleeve, made a cooler for the b-day party, (see the basin thread), hung a shade sail.  getting acclimated and enjoyed some shade and a bit of breeze.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Been nice here, not quite 80F yesterday after the rain showers cleared and sun came out. Still on the mend with sciatica.

The old hermit in ND showed his taters from the garden he was fix'in for dinner. They was what we call marble size, but might be the odd one 2". Hate to tell'm mines just as big from a month later planting. hahaha :D The 20th will be 60 days, a week later I will be starting in on them. They'll actually be ripe and hardening off, then the tops die on their own. Be string beans and carrots in a hodge podge with cream poured on when dumped from the pot. I wonder if he ate such a treat, I bet he has, he's a pretty good cook and canner. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Saw some vines a week or two ago on a piece of the property I hadn't visited. Also got a tip that junky lived over there, and couldn't be trusted. I was hoping to stay in the bamboo and see if he had a brushcutter and saw in the garage, but the land didn't cooperate. Boss had a run in with him previously, and I'd have liked noting better than to see my stuff there. By the time I got my stuff and collected interest, he'd have wished he didn't know what a chainsaw was  ;^)

Anyway, I geared up and cut vines with a chainsaw for about 1.5hrs today. Don't know how hot climate guys do it. It was 90° and ~80% humidity. Not sure I could do 8hrs straight of that. Can't wait til summer's over.

SwampDonkey

Reached 88F and 60 % humidity here by end of the day. Used the furnace to force some drier cooler air up in the living space. It was nice and comfy not sticky. Now I am opening windows for the nice cool air. Sun is setting. :) Had a couple showers in the morning, of course came down when I just applied round up on the burdock and thistle. Also a little squirt along the drainage stone to kill off the odd dandi and box elder seedling. :D

Rooted grapes are coming along strong, I have a pretty even spread the length of the beds. Not much height, but nice healthy shoots. Bonus! Lots of water this year to help them along. Of course no gardening for me the last two weeks with this sciatica. I did sneak in and pull some weeds a week ago, but that was like a crawling walrus or kneeling jack ass and no bending for sure. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Well, we had a couple 95F days and the mornings started out in the 70's, no breeze at all, which is very rare here on the hill. Last evening it all changed, humidity dropped to 45% and temp this morning is 55F out on the porch with a nice NW breeze blowing. The ambient air in the house stays fairly warm up stars even with the windows clear open. There is a 9'-14' high ceiling with an /\ ceiling in the centre of the room to trap the warm air. Even with a 9' tall window open in there it's warm. A better window covering would have been the honeycomb blinds, but who the heck has $3500 for a window blind. Lordy! :D 73 F upstairs now and 65 F down 45% RH on both floors. But the house was not bad, the basement was around 52% RH with humidifier running and the furnace was forcing drier cooler air up to both floors. The fans kept the air moving so it was quite pleasant. Less than 300 watts of fans versus 15000 watts of air conditioning units, a heck of a lot cheaper on power. :D Now we have our normal northern summer back again. Love'n it. 8)

Sciatica is much better this week, not over yet, but getting there. I think rest and good old time has been more effective than all the pills they have offered as a matter of record.  ;)

lxskllr

I've been off since Thursday, but I don't think I've had more than 15 minutes of outside air the whole time. High heat and high humidity the whole time. Been bored. Nothing to do inside, and unfit for humans outside.

crowhill

The American Legion hit it's 100 birthday in March, our Post celebrated this week-end. Friday PM had a Pig roast, then 2 hours of the wonderful Legion Band from Brattleboro VT performed leading right into some spectacular fireworks. Yesterday was horse pulls with teams from around New England, chicken B-B-Q, various types of vendors from food to ATVs & snowmobiles and local bands. It was a HOT sun shining, nice breeze, but in the sun had to be 100*! It was sooo hot that when the train went by twice and the horses didn't even twitch an ear! This week supposed to be mid to high 80's all week. 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

thecfarm

Very warm here. Yesterday morning was even warm at 5 in the morning. This morning was and still is cool. But that will change. Another warm one coming. As they say,a good pool day. ;D
@crowhill sounds like a great day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

crowhill

CFarm was a great weekend. Yesterday evening was invited to friends camp site for a second pig roast, steamers, b-b-q chicken, burgers, salads and homemade cookies! Good food, good friends and today hoping to go to deer camp to trim around with bush hog!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

SwampDonkey

Been low humidity here in the 40's and it did reach 82F yesterday, but a nice north wind to make it bearable. Looks like another nice one on the way, that breeze is sticking around. Been a nicer summer this year than the last two, only had 3 days of 'hot' so far. Just enough rain to keep stuff lush. :)

goose63

Bda storms last nite and rain today
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

It was barely 70F here at noon, so probably no 80F today. Nice breeze still blowing, humidity in 40's. Windows all the way up. Paradise. :)

thecfarm

Yes,paradise is right. We only had that one warm morning, Had to roll the window up in the truck when I hit the tar road this morning. A very nice day today. But it did cloud over by noon. 

lxskllr

Another awful day, just the way I hate it! 87°, and humid.

Got scorched by the sun, and had a run in with bees, but somehow escaped getting stung. I was trying to set a point near a noisewall that had just about every kind of vine growing up it, but luckily no poison ivy. I was gingerly cutting stuff out of the way with my knife, cause there were greenbriars mixed in with the other stuff, so I had to watch what I grabbed. Had a nice vine carpet laid on the ground, reached in to grab some more, and almost grabbed a wasp nest. Got out of there quick, moved my offset to the less desirable opposite side of the ditch, and that fell in a yellowjacket nest  :^S  Got the stake in without getting stung. Had to work a little late today, but the day could have gone much worse than it did.

SwampDonkey

Dropped down to near 55F by daylight. Sunny day again, only expecting 70's and low humidity once again. No wind this morning, but can't complain. Another spectacular day, but would be better if the sciatica was over with. :D

Hoping to get the garage floor poured this week, the crew has been busy as honeybees and behind on the work. Been waiting over a month. But they do good work and I refuse to call anyone else within 20 miles. :D

Al_Smith

It's supposed to be nearly 90 for the week ahead but the humidity is low ,a good thing .I am very surprised at the crops because even as late as they were planted they look good all things considered .

lxskllr

It was about as awful today as yesterday. Perhaps a bit more. It felt more humid. I geared up and ran the brushcutter for a couple hours this afternoon, and I think I was on the verge of heat exhaustion. Got back to the truck, and I could have puked if I concentrated on it a bit. Found a small dawn redwood(~3' tall) I took the top off of. I think it'll be alright though, and I'm gonna try to get it out of the ground to put in front of the boss' house.

SwampDonkey

55F here again this morning on the porch, every window wide open. :D  72F in here (upstairs) and 64F down stairs. Just the way I like it. ;) I think the high was 78 yesterday and sunny. I'm seeing the stars this morning, but suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow. The birds start singing here at 4:30 am especially robins,  bluebirds and swallows. I think the swallows have fledged, but are hanging around the box. The sky was full of them 3 days ago and they was carrying on around the box. They still flit in and out, but I'm sure they have flown the coop.

lxskllr

Hot and humid earlier, and ZOMG!!! wind and rain right now, with a bit of lightning for extra fun. Lost a couple sizable limbs off my locusts, with one in the road. Sitting on my front porch with my saw waiting for it to chill out some. Flash flood warning til 7:45  :^/

Andries

It's 82°F today!
Sweating like a Swede in a Sauna.
I can see why the "Southern Gentlemen" hit the shade and AC when it hits 99°.
Don't know how you folks do it !
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

75F here now with some dark clouds moving in. Staying cool. 56% humidity. With bright sun it would soon turn hot I think, a south wind blowing pretty good.

Thank You Sponsors!