iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Back Porch

Started by Sixacresand, April 01, 2016, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

No big deal for most working Forum members, but it is for me, since I could hardly walk six months ago.  Nancy has been after me to rebuild the back porch roof because the 5 V metal roof has rusted and leaking after 30 years. The carpenter bees have weakened all the purlins and rafters.  With the help of couple of friends, we ripped off the old roof and the photo shows new columns, beam and rafters we set before the storms came through last night.  Next will be to sheet the top with one by's and shingle.     

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

tree-farmer

Looks great! Be careful on those ladders, we have both passed the age of bounce.. ;D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That looks really good 6. Keep the pics coming.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

6.  Now your are stepping into the high cotton  ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Looking good!!

Quote from: tree-farmer on April 01, 2016, 07:56:46 PM
Looks great! Be careful on those ladders 
And aluminum ladders are the very worst to "walk" with you.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

r.man

Looks good, I will have to start catching up myself after two years of knee mending.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Sixacresand

The top was sheeted with 1 by 14's, 12's and 10's from a nice pine log I got in January.  The last shingles were tacked down only a few hours before the recent storms rolled in.  And I decided to let the big oak remain and built around it.  I like my shade even though it makes a mess in the winter.   

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Very nice.  It's always good to actually finish something.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on April 14, 2016, 08:58:05 AM
Very nice.  It's always good to actually finish something.   8)
MM, Folks like you keep me motivated.

Magicman

Thanks, we are all fighting this uphill battle together.   ;)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

looks good smiley_thumbsup  im fixin to start on a new front porch i dont see anything wrong with the one we have but my wife sees it otherwise smiley_whip :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!